Sustainability and productivity can co-exist
Our Solutions for Sustainability
Mine Water ManagementFind Out More
Environmental ManagementFind out more
Renewable EnergyFind out more
Energy Efficiency and SustainabilityFind out More
Why work with Schneider Electric?
The leader in energy efficiency
From strategy to deployment to performance, we deliver efficiency throughout the entire energy management life cycle.
Integrated process and energy efficiency
As experts in process control and energy efficiency, Schneider Electric understands the value of managing energy as a production variable.
- Mining accounts for 2-3% of the total water consumed in Australia.
- From extraction to disposal, US Mining companies use up to 3,000 gallons (11,300 liters) of water per ton of coal.
- It is estimated that the market for water treatment in hard-rock mining will double in the next five years.
- Obtaining the permits and approvals needed to build a mine in the U.S. takes an average of seven years.
- Energy costs can constitute over 15% of total mining and mineral processing costs.