Power management made simple
Commercial facilities, industrial and public buildings consume over 60% of the world’s electricity and produce over half of all global carbon emissions. Power digitalisation transforms building operations and helps achieve a more sustainable future.
What is power management?
Reduce energy spend and accomplish energy sustainability goals:
• Understand how energy is consumed throughout the facility and proactively detect abnormal energy usage.
• Use energy normalisation tools to monitor energy in the context of production for energy intensity KPI tracking.
• Automatically generate energy performance, carbon reduction, and regulatory compliance reports.
Maximise power availability and electrical system performance:
• Install power metres to get real-time visibility of power flowing through the facility from mains to final distribution.
• Use relays and breakers to isolate faults, shed non-critical loads and automatically transfer to alternate power sources.
• Track electrical capacity in all circuits to balance circuits, avoid overloads and ensure sufficient backup power availability.
Minimise the impact of power disturbances and prevent equipment malfunction and damage:
• Power Quality Instruments (PQI) for accurate and reliable power quality monitoring and disturbance capture.
• Specialised diagnostic tools including disturbance direction detection, load loss detection, and incident timeline analysis.
• Power quality correction equipment including active harmonic filters and dynamic voltage restorers.
Avoid downtime, reduce maintenance costs and extend the life of your equipment:
• Install sensors and smart devices with onboard diagnostics to enable predictive and condition-based maintenance.
• Proactively send alerts if a setting changes, a hot spot develops, or equipment components are wearing out.
• Partner with Digital Service Providers for expert decision support and remote monitoring services.
Save money by reducing energy spend:
• Monitor facility energy use with revenue grade monitoring at service entrances
• Compare utility bills with internally generated “shadow bills” and check for billing mistakes
• Install capacitor banks to improve power factor and lower electricity bills and avoid paying surcharges
Discover PowerTag in 60 seconds
There are many different types of devices, such as PowerTag wireless energy sensors, that measure energy consumption and make power measurements available via communication protocols.
Energy and Power Management System (EPMS) software is specifically designed to interrogate these types of devices across the local area network and collect energy and power information. This data serves as the foundation for EPMS software to further process and then present as actionable information via specialised energy and power management web applications.
Discover Power Monitoring Expert in 60 seconds
Streamline activities that were previously tedious, manual, or not done at all. Use EcoStruxure Power Monitoring Expert, our EPMS software, to automate processes, simplify tasks and free up human resources to work on higher-value activities and projects.
EcoStruxure Power Monitoring Expert helps energy managers and facility management personnel evaluate energy usage, track energy performance and manage energy costs. It also helps teams that operate and maintain power systems assess electrical equipment performance, detect power equipment problems early, analyse power events and streamline power quality management.
Discover Buildings of the Future
Capture the power of an all-digital, all-electric infrastructure for a more sustainable, resilient, efficient and people-orientated building.
Integrate your EPMS and share energy and power information with other management systems such as EcoStruxure Building Operation and integrated workplace management systems. Embed EPMS web applications within other systems for seamless access to power management information from virtually anywhere. Connect to the cloud to unlock digital services such as EcoStruxure Asset Advisor and EcoStruxure Power Advisor. Partner with expert service providers to get the most out of your power digitalisation investment and enable your building of the future today.