China UnicomAs China Unicom grows their hyperscale cloud computing data business, Schneider Electric is there with the operational reliability and efficiency they need.
The Challenge• For continued growth, consistency is a must for everything from utility entrance to rack power distribution to 24/7 capacity and support across sites.
• China’s data center industry growth rate far exceeds the global average, but providing ample, quality cloud computing resources and networks to reach new demands remain a challenge.
• China Unicom’s competitive advantages are great, but must be maintained by focusing on improvements to infrastructure support, supply chain, business models and IT infrastructure operations.
• Critical facility operations at China Unicom's super sites must achieve zero interruption for users’ key workloads.
The SolutionConnectivity and Reliability with EcoStruxure™
Apps & Analytics: Critical facility operation services
• China Unicom elected to outsource on-site critical power operation services for two of its sites to Schneider Electric – from utility entrance down to rack power distribution units, with emergency generators and direct-current power supply systems included.
The Results• By leveraging Schneider Electric's proven experience and best practices, China Unicom has greatly improved the reliability of their critical facility operations, preventive and predictive maintenance, and risk management capabilities.
• China Unicom’s two largest data centers has achieved zero interruption to users’ key workloads.
The power of partnerships
“The top priority for us in choosing the strategic partner was strength of their company and their brand."
Kang Nan, General Manager of the Operations and Services Department, China Unicom Cloud Data
Learn more about our solutions
Discover services for Data Center and Critical Environments
Uncover solutions for Cloud and Service Providers
Explore Innovation for Data Centers: In the cloud and at the edge
Learn about Critical Facility Operation Services
Have a story worth sharing?