Ensuring air and steel qualityBy implementing the EcoStruxure™ Plant architecture, including the Ethernet-connected Modicon M580 controller, ArcelorMittal’s Dunkirk plant reduced dust levels on-site and in the region.
• Compliance with European laws to reduce the amount of dust in the atmosphere on-site, as well as emissions to the Dunkirk region.
Apps, Analytics & Services: Modernization services
Edge Control: Modicon M580 automation system
• 20 years of partnership and experience in the steel industry have helped Schneider Electric to provide the correct solutions in the right environments.
• EcoStruxure Plant architecture brings advanced connectivity for better control of the entire process, from the plant to the management offices.
• The Modicon M580’s CCoF (Change Configuration on the Fly) feature allows maintenance and engineering teams to modify the automation control system without stopping the process.
• Ethernet connection makes the M580 more flexible, simple to install, and easier to control remotely.
• With real-time updates on dust levels, the maintenance crew gets an overview of the entire site’s condition and can easily decide when and where they should intervene. Consequently, steel quality is constant and the working conditions on-site have improved.
• Thanks to Schneider Electric’s IoT-enabled solutions, the Dunkirk steelworks has secured the continuity of manufacturing and increased its overall productivity to deliver strong, reliable steel 24/7, both today and tomorrow.