Reliability and Sustainability with EcoStruxure
Edge Control: Power Logic Controls
Connected Products: InRow cooling system, Scalable InfraStruxure, Symmetra™ MW UPSs, Canalis LV busway, Prisma LV Distribution, SM6 + transformers, MV/Citect Scada, Uniflair™ technical room coolers, Infrastruxure™ hot aisle containment systems with in-row coolers and racks
• When Green Mountain decided to implement the idea of a green data center, they needed contractors and suppliers that had the most energy efficient and reliable solutions available in the market. They chose Schneider Electric.
• The solution includes DCIM tools and control components – and uses gravity to bring the cold water of an adjacent fjord to the data center’s cooling station
• Green Mountain’s colocation facility, built in a former NATO bunker buried deep within a mountain, used the power of nature to become one of the world’s most reliable and sustainable data centers thanks to EcoStruxure.
• The data center achieved a “Tier III Certification of Constructed Facility” designation from the Uptime Institute in Q2 of 2015. A Tier III certified data center, the IT room boasts an impressive Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) of less than 1.2. Green Mountain measures and reports PUE in real-time to customers.
• With the help of Schneider Electric, Green Mountain built a seawater cooling system that does not use power and it is not reliant on refrigerant gases.
• Powered by 100% renewable hydro power, Green Mountain supports the critical uptime needs of its customers and operates as one of the greenest data centers in the world with close to zero CO2 emissions.
• The project received the Green Data Center of the Year award in 2013.