Connectivity and Efficiency with EcoStruxure™ Plant
Apps, Analytics and Services:
AVEVA industrial software*: System Platform, Historian, Historian Client, InTouch HMI (Remote Client)
Modicon M580 PAC, M340
X80 I/O, ConneXium network switches, Magelis HMI, Telefast ABE wiring interfaces
• Complete IIoT-ready EcoStruxure Plant solution, with integrated software and domain expertise provides better data access, visualisation and connectivity to the software.
• DCS modernisation: System Platform 2014 R2 is used as the supervisory to the juice preparation and crystallisation plant areas of the Pongola sugar mill. Each of these areas uses a level-3 M580 processor, X80 I/O and ABE field interface units. During the project, the scope was expanded and the sugar handling system was added on to the new M580 processor, thereby adding a platform for the expansion of the refinery section of the plant and removing the last bit of the old DCS at the site. Remote X80 I/O was used in a redundant ring with NRP links to fibre to distant substations. Magelis HMIs are used for the local displays in the factory.
• Partnering for success: To deliver the combined IIoT-ready hardware and software solution, Schneider Electric partnered with Control Software Solutions (CSS), a Master Alliance System Integrator Partner and Certified Wonderware Partner, because of their expertise in innovative and customised solutions and their track record for successfully delivering solutions using System Platform and Schneider Electric PLCs.
* The Schneider Electric industrial software business and AVEVA have merged to trade as AVEVA Group plc, a UK listed company. The Schneider Electric and Life is On trademarks are owned by Schneider Electric and are being licensed to AVEVA by Schneider Electric.
A reliable and flexible automation system using EcoStruxure Plant, underpinned by the capabilities of the IIoT, returns control to the hands of RCL operators, backed by strong local support.
• 20% increase in the plant's throughput
• Improved competitiveness
• Enabled technology (simplified process optimisation)
• Modern, high performance PLC system with high availability in RIO and Hot Standby
• Reduced downtime for better reliability
• Remote visibility and diagnosis
• Improved operational information thanks to new software standards
• Expert local support
• In-house first-line support