1. What is automation maintenance?
In order to comprehend the meaning of automation maintenance, we first need to understand how automation systems work. The industrial sector is swiftly adapting to new technologies and equipment by embracing several automation systems that have been designed to perform a pre-programmed set of tasks. Automation systems include many components such as power distribution, programmable controllers, or communication systems that effectively replace human labour with an automatic apparatus. However, it is essential to keep in mind that you need to care for your equipment at regular intervals for the smooth functioning of all these components.
We at Schneider Electric offer multiple maintenance and automated support service programmes that connect you with experts, tools, and reports you will need to maximise the lifecycle of all your automation and electrical distribution systems. Our diverse range of support programmes includes software, hardware, remote management turbomachinery services, and more. Foxboro, Triconex, PLC, and Advantage Service Plans are some of the many products we offer under automated maintenance services.
2. Why are automated maintenance services important?
Automated maintenance services are important because they ensure that the uptime of your equipment is maximised in the most effortless way possible. Schneider Electric provides optimised solutions in exchange and repair, spare parts, software updates, on-site expert assistance, and more. Here are the features and benefits of our automated maintenance services:
• Protection of critical investments by maintaining software and hardware systems; this ensures that all systems are upgraded regularly.
• Reduction in the overall cost of operation and ownership.
• Maximisation of asset performance by increasing performance levels and reducing downtime.
• Improved operational performance by maximising system utilisation.
• The convenience of tracking the lifecycle of all your equipment and devices and understanding the best time to upgrade or replace them.
• Know how you can enhance your machines, devices, and equipment by identifying all areas that can be improved or optimised.