SOF fault on the Altivar Process DriveProduct Line
Altivar Process Drive (ATV630, ATV930, ATV650, ATV950, ATV660, ATV960, ATV680, ATV980)Environment
All serial numbers for Altivar Process DriveCause
This fault appears when an overspeed is present on the drive. Probable Cause
- Instability or driving load too high. Typically caused by a load driving the motor to spin faster than the drive is attempting to run it.
- The motor may be turning when the drive gets a run command. Turn on Catch on the Fly
- In the Motor parameters menu (5 Complete Settings -> 5.2 Motor parameters):
- Try changing the [Dual rating] to Heavy Duty
- Try changing the [Motor control type] to U/F VC Standard (available on the ATV6xx)
- Check the motor, gain and stability parameters.
- Check the size of the motor/inverter/load.
- Add a braking resistor.
: We've seen a few instances where just changing the two parameters in the Motor parameters menu have corrected the issue. However, please be aware that changing the drive to heavy duty de-rates the drive by one HP class.
Example: A 50HP drive would now be a 40HP drive