Schneider Electric single phase electronic sectionalisers, type SAX, are intelligent mechanisms designed to be distinguish between temporary and permanent faults that usually occur in overhead MV distribution.
Main characteristics SAX
- Automatic air isolating, coordinated with an auto-recloser or circuit breaker.
- Electromechanical trip, no spare parts are needed. Fire risks are eliminated by the normal chemical striker, which is subject to the environmental conditions.
- Detection of single-phase, bi-phase and three-phase faults.
- Up to 36 kV.
- Threshold from 10 A up to 140 A.
- Opening at the second or third cycle of the circuit breakers or auto-recloser (programmed in the factory).
- On-load breaking by means of suitable hook-stick.
- Outdoor service.
SAX improves network quality and gives continuity to the electrical supply in overhead distribution network, simply and free of maintenance.
- As an alternative to the fuse cut-out. As it doesn’t depend of the curve of a fuse, the problems with overcurrent coordination are avoided.
- As overcurrent protection device for outdoor transformers centers, mainly in areas with high ceraunic level.
- In networks with lots of faults or with difficult access. It should be installed at the beginning of the branch, avoiding operations caused by transitory faults, which are usual with the fuse cut-out.