Quickly deploying a data center that has predictable performance, while maintaining true flexibility and scalability can be challenging. You need to be able to quickly add power, cooling, or IT infrastructure, but can struggle with the constraints of location, timing, and finances.
Why are Data Centers Going Prefabricated?
Digital disruption caused by cloud computing, social networks, big data and the explosive growth of mobile data means that we need new approaches to the way we design and build data centers.
TCO Analysis of a Traditional Data Center vs. a Scalable, Prefabricated Data Center
This white paper provides a quantitative TCO analysis of the pre-assembled and traditional built-out architectures, and illustrates the key drivers of both the capex and opex savings of the improved architecture.Read more
Prefabricated Data Centers
Prefabricated data center solutions for the planning, designing and building of data centers, offer significant advantages over the traditional way of building data centers.
Prefabricated Data Centers from Schneider Electric
Predictable, flexible and fast to deploy, Schneider Electric prefabricated data center solutions can solve the business challenges associated with traditional data center designs.
Prefabricated data center modules are comprised of power skids and modules, cooling and hydronics modules, and IT modules. These building blocks combine to deliver increased capacity for your existing infrastructure which is deployed quickly with predictable performance and can be scaled as needed.
- Pre-engineered and wired with integrated hardware and software
- Manufactured and tested in a factory
- Arrives on-site ready to deploy quickly and easily
- Multiple form factors and power ranges
- Building blocks used together to form a data center solution
- Proven experience in prefabrication
- Broad offer of customizable prefabricated building blocks
- Global capabilities including supply chain, design, applications and engineering support
- StruxureWare for Data Centers is our award winning DCIM software suite
- Extensive library of prefabricated data center reference designs available
Why You Should Consider Prefabricated Data Centers Schneider Electric makes it easy for you to understand how Prefabricated Data Center Solutions can deliver value to your business.
Other prefabricated modular solutions
- Modular data center rooms are field-assembled and combine the benefits of modularity and attributes of a conventional data center.
- We offer enclosed or skid-mounted modules.
- Scale your data center power for expansion or incremental growth.
- A prefabricated, chilled water piping system with variable speed pumps and controls provides an efficient and flexible solution.
- Each module is designed for variable primary flow (VPF) and integrates our leading control systems and management software designed to maximize efficiency.
- IT modules combine the functionality and space of a typical IT room with the benefits of a pre-engineered system and factory assembly for an efficient solution, from design to operation.
- Integrate power distribution, cooling, racks, DCIM, security and fire suppression in a single, purpose-built enclosure.