Uncover hidden energy savings
Confused by all those line items on your utility bill? The more you understand, the more you can save.
Five feet from a Saint-Gobain innovationFrom the Louvre and SpaceX to windshields and building materials, you are never more than five feet away from a Saint-Gobain innovation. By focusing on buying energy smarter and using it efficiently, the company has saved millions, freeing up resources to deliver leading-edge, sustainable solutions.
Learn how your business can achieve success with EcoStruxure: Innovation at Every Level.
The Challenge• Producing high-performance materials requires massive amounts of power. That's why energy is one of the top five expenses for Saint-Gobain.
• To optimise operations and costs, the company decided to centralise and streamline its energy procurement.
• Formerly, each facility was responsible for its own energy buying. There was no standard process and the company had limited visibility into enterprise-wide consumption.
• To achieve its goal of cutting carbon emissions by 20% by 2025, Saint-Gobain also needed to improve plant-level efficiency and reduce its environmental footprint.
The SolutionImproving efficiency and sustainability with EcoStruxure
Apps, Analytics and Services: EcoStruxure Resource Advisor, strategic energy sourcing
Edge control: Modicon™ M580 process automation controllers
Connected products: Altivar™ variable speed drives, Model 6 motor control centres, Premset™ MV switchgear, and Okken LV switchboards
• Saint-Gobain centralised and standardised energy procurement with expert support from the Schneider Electric team, including strategic sourcing, risk management, tariff analysis, and invoice auditing.
• To track consumption and spending, the company now uses EcoStruxure Resource Advisor, cloud-based enterprise software that provides a single overview of energy and sustainability data, and savings opportunities
• Within its factories, Saint-Gobain relies on Schneider Electric's edge control and connected devices that help gather the energy data necessary to optimise and actively manage consumption.
The Results• Through a decade-plus partnership with Schneider Electric, Saint-Gobain has achieved savings worth millions of dollars, which the company can dedicate to research and development.
• In a prominent example, Schneider experts identified a savings opportunity at a site in North Carolina in the U.S. and helped the facility reduce its utility costs by 14%.
• Thanks to Schneider Electric connected technology, plant operators can track and modulate energy use based on the time of day, and trim consumption when grid-wide use and prices peak.
"We have to push our R&D teams to find ways to make better products with a lower carbon footprint. And energy savings have provided fuel for innovation."
Richard Brunel, Vice President of Purchasing in North America, Saint-Gobain
Discover our offer
Learn more about our power solutions
EcoStruxure Resource Advisor
Strategic Energy Sourcing
EcoStruxure Energy and Sustainability Services
Automation and control solutions
Have a story worth sharing?
Share your success with EcoStruxure and give your story the visibility it deserves.
Learn how your business can achieve success too.
See highlights from recent Innovation Summits and find out about the next event.
Do you have questions or need assistance? We’re here to help!