Additionally, the 56 Series has been tested to International Protection Rating IP56, and in most cases, has exceeded this to be rated IP66 for preventing water or dust ingress.
Mounting enclosures range in size from one to 16-gang for customised assemblies from a simple switch to a large control panel.
The 56 Series also has double padlocking options on switches, and sockets with safety flaps that automatically lock into place when plugs are removed, preventing dust and water from entering the housing. 56 Series Grey (GY):
The Grey range is the original switchgear for 56 Series Industrial plugs and sockets. It still the most popular and best option for general commercial and industrial applications.
Chemical Resistant Grey (CG):
The chemical resistant grey range of sockets, switched socket outlets and covers have been specifically designed for indoor food environments where aggressive alkali/caustic cleaners are used, such as dairies, abattoirs and food processing plants.
CG range is provided with dark grey base and medium grey cover, if both dark grey base and cover is required use WW as the colour reference.
Chemical Resistant Orange (RO) and Chemical Resistant White (RW):
RO and RW offer resistance to a wide range of chemical types. They are ideal for rigours experienced in butcheries, delicatessens and automotive workshops.
Should products be used in environments where you are not 100% sure what range to install, it would be advisable to contact your local Schneider Electric representative.
• Combination switch/socket outlets
• Surface switches and socket outlets
• Appliance inlets
• Plugs and appliance connectors
• Pushbutton control stations
• Surface DIN enclosures with socket outlets
• Modular enclosures
• Surface junction boxes
• Key-operated switches.
• Resisting the effects of high impact
• Resisting long exposure to UV, suiting both indoors & outdoors
• Areas subjected to low and high temperatures
• Dusty/damp environments
Chemical Resistant Grey (CG)
• Food processing environments
• Resisting strong cleaning alkalis/caustics
• High pressure wash downs
• Resisting cooking oils (e.g. Canola)
• Indoor applications
Chemical Resistant Orange (RO) and Chemical Resistant White (RW)
• Environments where high visibility is important (RO)
• Environments where aesthetics are important (RW)
• Resisting corrosive and Industrial chemicals
• Resisting general chemicals e.g. detergents
• Resisting oils/grease found in automotive and workshop environments
• Resisting UV damage