The Trident system is a continuously safe, secure, and highly available Safety Instrumented System (SIS) certified by TÜV Rheinland for use in safety applications up to Safety Integrity Level 3 (SIL3). The fail-safe and fault-tolerant architecture maximizes availability and complies with international safety standards, such as IEC 61508:2010.
Designed for maximum safety and process uptime, Trident protects your most valuable assets (your people and your equipment) and the environment from hazards and dangerous conditions, allowing you to manage operational risks with confidence. The proven technology delivers exceptional levels of availability, fault tolerance, and lowest overall total cost of ownership, leading to increased profitability and productivity throughout the operating life of the asset.
Suitable for harsh environments
The Trident system operates in extreme ambient temperature conditions, from as low as -20 °C to highs of +70 °C. It is also protected against corrosive environments and is conformal coated as standard to harsh G3 level per ISA S71.04.
Trident solutions support industry protocols: Modbus TCP/IP master and slave, RS485 Modbus master and slave, OPC UA (Unified Architecture), and TSAA protocol for tight integration with EcoStruxure™ Foxboro DCS.
Safe and secure
Trident supports a “defense-in-depth” approach to ensure that the system is immune to the threats of cyberattacks.
Trident is approved to Achilles Level 1 as standard, with additional protection available using the Triconex Tofino firewall if required. The system can be configured to reject all unauthorized “write” commands from external systems.
- TÜV-certified for SIL3 applications to international standard IEC 61508
- High-availability architecture for continuous operation
- Fault-tolerant architecture for continuous operation even under fault conditions
- Online module replacement ensures continuous operation and plant availability
Safety and critical control applications- TÜV-certified for SIL 3 applications to international standard IEC61508:2010
- Emergency shutdown (ESD)
- Fire and gas (F&G)
- Burner management system (BMS)
- High integrity pressure protection system (HIPPS)
- Turbomachinery control and protection (TMC)
- Refining and petrochemicals
- Upstream and midstream oil and gas
- Chemicals and specialty chemicals
- Power generation