Facing the storm South Australia Power Networks
Schneider Electric partners with SA Power Networks to battle the most extreme environmental conditions
Challenge• Customers in South Australia may experience a loss of power supply due to network outages – and remain without power until the faults are pinpointed and an alternative supply is provided.
• This affects residential buildings as well as critical facilities and major customers, such as hospitals, universities, shopping centers, factories, airports, etc.
• Finding a fault can take much longer in rural areas due to lack of SCADA coverage and long distances over a huge network area.
• Faults on overhead power lines may even cause bushfires, so they must be localized, disconnected, and isolated as quickly as possible.
• Another challenge is public safety, as a large proportion of South Australia’s network uses overhead conductors.
SolutionReliability and Connectivity with EcoStruxure
Apps, Analytics & Services : EcoStruxure™ ADMS (Advanced Distribution Management System)
Edge Control: Decentralized feeder automation systems
Connected Products: RM6 Medium voltage switchgear, MiCOM compact and modular substation and bay controller
• Schneider Electric has provided SAPN with a complete solution including our industry-leading EcoStruxure™ ADMS, medium voltage switchgear and decentralized feeder automation systems.
EcoStruxure™ ADMS (Advanced Distribution Management System)EcoStruxure™ ADMS - a unified DMS, SCADA, OMS, and EMS solution
RM6Medium Voltage Compact Switchboard (Ring Main Unit) up to 24 kV
MiCOMCompact and modular substation and bay controller
Learn how your business can achieve success with Innovation At Every Level.
ResultsThese solutions allow the utility to benefit from:
• Fault location, isolation and service restoration
• Network monitoring
• Load flow analysis
• Real-time control and optimization
• Operational planning
• Training and simulation
With the EcoStruxure™ ADMS and feeder automation functionality, SAPN now has far better monitoring and management of their vast network, and increased visibility of what is happening on the ground.