- Reduce the number of power incidents which caused delays on Queensland Rail’s busy inner-city network in Brisbane
- Build a more reliable system to help cope with 1.5 million extra visitors to the 2018 Commonwealth Games
- Install a new substation at Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley station, in a space allowing for just a 24-square foot (7.3 m2) container
- Carry out the work with minimal disruption to passengers
Edge Control: Citect SCADA
Connected Products: GHA Rail, Gutor PXC, Compact NSX
• A new substation using a range of solutions based on EcoStruxure Power
• These included the GHA Rail gas-insulated switchgear, MiCOM protection relays, a Gutor PXC industrial UPS system, Compact NSX circuit breakers, a compact LV Spacial SF enclosure, and Citect SCADA monitoring and control software
- Minimized on-site work during the upgrade, avoiding as many interruptions to commuters as possible
- Reduction in the number of incidents which impact the entire inner-city network, resulting in fewer delays to commuter services
- Overcame the challenge of ensuring power reliability for 1.5 million extra passengers during the Commonwealth Games
Protection Relays by Product Line
Geneva Airport Customer Story
Field and Automation Services
Find answers now. Search for a solution on your own, or connect with one of our experts.
Reach out to our customer care team to receive more information, technical support, assistance with complaints and more.
Where to buy?
Easily find the nearest Schneider Electric distributor in your location.
Search topic-related frequently asked questions to find answers you need.