Ensuring continuity in biopharmaceutical manufacturingUCB Farchim, a biopharmaceutical company located in Switzerland, increases power supply reliability with innovative EcoStruxure Power solutions.
• Even a short power outage could alter the manufacturing processes and affect the supply of medications.
• To ensure the continuity and stability of biopharmaceutical processes, UCB Farchim needs first-class quality and reliability of power supply.
Edge Control: EcoStruxure Power Monitoring Expert
Connected Products: SM6-24 medium-voltage switchgear, Trihal MV transformer, Prisma low-voltage smart panels, MasterPact MTZ circuit breakers, Harmony HMI terminals, Easergy TH110 wireless thermal sensors, Easergy CL110 wireless environmental sensors, Easergy Sepam series protection relays
• To prevent power outages, UCB Farchim has fully digitized the power supply network at the Bulle site, both at low and medium voltage levels.
• The company chose to implement EcoStruxure Power solutions (connected products and edge control), as well as to upgrade the existing Schneider Electric equipment with wireless temperature and humidity sensors.
• The data collected across the installation are now consolidated into a single management tool, EcoStruxure Power Monitoring Expert, for timely power network status insights.
• The data shows any potential abnormal conditions making it quick to identify electrical disturbances. When a deviation is detected, an alert is sent in real-time, so the crew can act on site or remotely to ensure a continuous supply of electricity.
• Early detection of abnormal conditions allows UCB Farchim’s crew to take appropriate countermeasures to avoid production downtime that could lead to significant financial losses.
Roland Francey, Head of Power Supply Installations, UCB Farchim, Bulle
“We have completely digitized our power supply with EcoStruxure Power from Schneider Electric. This allows us to save time and money on maintenance and operation and helps us avoid power outages.”
Discover our offer
EcoStruxure for Healthcare
Access more customer stories
Find answers now. Search for a solution on your own, or connect with one of our experts.
Reach out to our customer care team to receive more information, technical support, assistance with complaints and more.