How do you approach motor management?
Get your web application
Challenges for process industries in motor management
- Maintain system voltage at an acceptable level during start-up.
- Control power factor and harmonics in normal operation.
- Limit fault current contribution and impact on equipment sizing and cost.
Process and mechanics
- Define an adequate torque and speed control solution for demanding applications.
- Avoid premature aging by limiting the mechanical stress on start-up.
- Adapt maintenance actions to motor application specificities.
- Properly schedule maintenance operations.
- Integrate preventive maintenance from the design of the electrical installation.
Our five business areas for motor management
To analyze application constraints and guarantee motor compatibility
Expertise is at the heart of our motor management solution. With dedicated software, relevant analyses, or services for electrical equipment, Schneider Electric supports your projects from design to operation and maintenance.
- Expert analyses
- On-site support and services
To ensure starting feasibility and operating mode benefits
Motor starting or operations control are fundamental for your process and the definition of the motor management solution from Schneider Electric. We offer a complete range of advanced motor control equipment to meet all your process constraints with regard to your power system requirements.
- Auto-transformer starters
- Reduced voltage soft starters
- Variable speed drives
To define suitable protection and integration in the industrial control system
Our motor management solution not only provides a means of starting the motor but also includes a protection unit comprising switchgear and protection relays. We offer a wide range of protection devices for protecting the motor and ensuring correct starting, while helping to ensure operator safety.
- Protection relays
- Motor starters (DOL, Star-Delta)
To maximize energy efficiency
Choosing the correct capacitor bank, harmonic mitigation system, or transformer will ensure correct operation of the motor in the process with a minimum impact on the supplying power system.
- Power factor correction
- Active filters
- Transformers (indoor and outdoor)
To assess motor management solutions over the time
Through condition assessment or by using historian data, motor and application failures can be avoided in the early stages. We offer an extensive range of products to help you in this approach.
- Portfolio management
- Operational performance
- Motor condition assessment
Variable Speed Drives
TeSys T Motor Management System
EcoStruxure Asset Advisor
Where to buy?
Easily find the nearest Schneider Electric distributor in your location.
Search topic-related frequently asked questions to find answers you need.