Modicon M171 logic controller: best-in-class for scalability and energy efficiency.
The Modicon M171 logic controller is available in 2 controller types:
- The Modicon M171 optimized logic controller for simple and compact machines is the smallest programmable controller on the market. The Modicon M171 optimized unit can also be flush mounted and requires minimal installation effort, while offering tremendous versatility.
- The Modicon M171 performance logic controller for complex and BMS connectable machines. This controller provides more powerful memory, I/Os, connectivity and an embedded webserver.
Everything you need is embedded:
- Wide choice of digital or analog I/Os, software configurable
- Communication protocols: Modbus SL, Modbus TCP, BACnet MS/TP, BACnet/IP, CAN, Profibus, ASCII.
- The embedded WebVisu function lets you read data from the equipment and make corresponding adjustments to its operation from any location
- With or without display and buttons, or flush-mounted
- Power supply: 12 V DC or 24V AC/DC or 48V DC or 100 to 240 VAC
- Simplicity and performance
Thanks to a high degree of flexibility, installing additional modules is very easy - while keeping everything in a single configuration:
- Remote displays
- Expansion modules
- Wall thermostat
- Electronic expansion valve driver
- Wide range of humidity and temperature probes
- Communication plug-in for adding a communication port
Intuitive machine programming with SoMachine HVAC
SoMachine™ HVAC is the programming software for machines automated by Modicon M171 logic controllers. Simplified navigation with minimal steps allows for a more efficient engineering process. But who says that all programs, regardless of their complexity, have to be engineered with the same program editor? This is why we offer SoMachine HVAC, a simplified engineering tool for the new Modicon M171 logic controller. Programming, visualization, and commissioning are all handled within a single intuitive software environment.
SoMachine HVAC includes Application Function Blocks (AFBs) dedicated for HVAC and Pumping. You can easily implement related functions in your program, such as floating high-pressure control, compressor management, PID, pump stage and de-stage, and much more. If you don't have the time or desire to develop your own program, you can customize the TVDA (Tested, Validated, and Documented Architectures) to easily create your own individualized solution.
The Modicon M171 logic controller is part of MachineStruxure. The NEXT generation of MachineStruxure™ from Schneider Electric is an intuitive solution for machine automation, with all the features and functions you need to build machines that will improve your bottom line. From design and development to commissioning and maintenance, MachineStruxure is a complete machine building solution that provides benefits throughout the machine life cycle.
The following features help you to maximize profitability and energy efficiency by using scalable automation control with the Modicon M171:
- Reduce time to market thanks to the intuitive programming software SoMachine HVAC with its ready-to-use applications and function blocks
- All of the features and functions you need to design and build machines more profitably are already embedded
- Application Function Blocks reduce energy consumption and help to improve system efficiency
- Stay connected everywhere with multiple BMS connectivity options and an embedded web server