FeaturesPowerChute Network Shutdown works in conjunction with the APC UPS Network Management Card to protect your physical and virtual IT environment from threats to IT availability. Network-based, graceful, unattended shutdown of your physical servers and virtual machines protects data integrity and reduces system downtime when critical events such as extended power outages occur. Its scalable architecture can support a virtually unlimited number of client systems. PowerChute Network Shutdown is easily configurable via a browser interface and supports Single, Redundant and Parallel UPS configurations.
- Event logging - Pinpoint the timing and sequence of events leading up to an incident with the event log.
- Certifications - Certified VMware Ready and Nutanix Ready.
- PowerChute Network Shutdown OS Compatibility - This software supports numerous operating systems and processors. For further information, please
- Parallel-UPS configuration support - Recognizes a Parallel-UPS configuration as a single UPS system in the case of actionable events (for UPS devices that are parallel-capable).
- Advanced Redundant UPS Setups - Monitors multiple groups of redundant UPS's; each with configurable redundancy levels such as N+1, N+2 or N+3. Shutdown actions depend on the number of UPS's and the level of redundancy in each UPS setup.
- Redundant-UPS configuration support - Supports up to four UPS’s in a Redundant-UPS configuration. All UPS’s in a Redundant Configuration must belong to the same UPS family.
- IPv6 Support - Capable of operating on a network using IPv6 protocol
- Network-based shutdown - Reduces cable clutter by eliminating the need to connect the UPS and protected servers via cables.
- Text-based INI configuration file - Allows for flexibility in archiving configuration settings or copying configured settings from one Agent to another.
- Step-by-step configuration wizard - Speeds deployment by reducing installation and set-up time. Allows configuration changes even after initial set-up.
- Browser Accessible - View the user interface with a browser. Provides quick access from anywhere on a secure network.
- StruxureWare Data Center Expert Compatibility - Discover and monitor PowerChute Agents via SNMP v1 or v3. Integrate SNMP Traps for timely notifications of UPS critical events.
- Network Management System Integration - Discover and manage PowerChute machines by using SNMP v1 or v3 to query and configure PowerChute settings. Send SNMP Traps for critical UPS events ensuring timely notifications.
- Operating System Shutdown - Prevents possible data corruption by performing graceful, unattended operating system shutdown in the event of an extended power outage or computer power problem.
- Secure communications - Secured web access via HTTPS, as the default, ensures that communication between the device and the client interfaces cannot be interpreted.
- Run command file - Run command file on network shutdown sequence as well as start-up sequence.
- Sequenced network shutdown and reboot - Customize network shutdown and reboot sequence of connected servers and UPSs.
- Sequenced Server Shutdown - Sequences the shutdown of multiple servers powered by the same UPS to extend runtime for higher priority servers.
- Virtual Machine Migration Options - Triggers virtual machine migration to available hosts in the same cluster on a single site or across different geographical locations. The option to control where specific virtual machines get migrated to is available by specifying the target host in either the same cluster or a different cluster.
- Virtual Machine Prioritization - Control the order in which virtual machines are migrated, shut down and powered on by moving virtual machines into High, Medium and Low Priority Groups.
- Virtual Cluster View - Displays a graphical representation of your Virtual Cluster environment and UPS setup on a single screen to provide an intuitive view of your UPS and Host configuration.
- Virtual Cluster Support - Supports virtual machine migration, virtual machine shutdown and host shutdown in Virtual Clusters.
- Microsoft SCVMM Integration - Provides the option to integrate with System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) and leverage maintenance mode to migrate or save virtual machines when a critical UPS Event occurs.
- VMware vSphere Plug-in Options - A vSphere plug-in option integrates PowerChute with vCenter Server for ease of management enabling PowerChute monitoring with the vSphere Client. Plug-in options are available for either the vSphere Web Client or vSphere Desktop Client.
- VMware Virtual Appliance - Provides the option to deploy PowerChute as a virtual appliance for ease of installation.
- VMware vApp Shutdown - Enables shutdown and startup of VMware vApps to control the sequence of virtual machine shutdown/startup.
PowerChute Network Shutdown
Reliable network-based shutdown of multiple servers.
Industry-leading power protection for your hyperconverged and virtual infrastructure.