Maximise renewable benefits with EcoStruxure ADMS
Empowering a bright, efficient futureWith more and more variable renewable energy sources, Enel has updated their grid management system to meet tomorrow's needs, while improving quality of service and reliability.
• Efficient energy distribution is more challenging than ever before.
• How does Enel, the largest electricity distributor in Italy, adapt its grid for efficiency to fully benefit from green energies and achieve carbon neutrality by 2050?
Apps, Analytics & Services: EcoStruxure ADMS (Advanced Distribution Management System)
• A smart grid capable of making the best of all the data gathered on all systems to flexibly adapt and dynamically balance supply and demand.
• Enel uses our EcoStruxure ADMS to provide a visual, mathematical model of its distribution network, including detailed models for voltage management, distributed generation, frequency control, demand response and smart grid management data.
• EcoStruxure ADMS is a real-time solution that provides complete functionality for the planning, operation, simulation and analysis of a utility's distribution system.
• ADMS helps utilities with complex networks, like Enel's, minimise interruptions and energy losses. It allows Enel to compile all data collected on its existing systems into a smart central system, analyse it, and suggest the best course of action.
• More than 40% of Italy's energy is now renewable.
• With ADMS, the estimated energy savings are about 144 GWh per year.
• CO2 emissions have been reduced by 75,000 t of CO2 per year.
• Green energies can be implemented at a much lower social and operational cost.
Discover EcoStruxure ADMSImprove outage response, optimise evolving grid operation and manage DER impacts.
Christian Noce, System & Project Manager, Enel
"It is possible to integrate renewable resources and all the benefits of green energy while increasing the quality of service and the power quality".