Based on industry-leading Triconex™ triple modular redundant (TMR) technology, Tricon has logged more than one billion hours with no failure on demand. The Tricon system is certified by TÜV Rheinland for use in safety applications up to Safety Integrity Level 3 (SIL 3). It is also marine-certified and nuclear 1E-certified.
Communications and integration
- Online module replacement to ensure continuous operation and plant availability
- Integration with EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS and all major distributed control systems (DCSs)
- Comprehensive family of I/O modules
- Up to 254 nodes of peer-to-peer communications
- Achilles Level 1 cybersecurity certification
- Built-in diagnostics and redundancy management — transparent to user
- Easy diagnostics for status and fault analysis
- Online modifications and changes, online module replacement and hot spare slot for continuous production without halting operations
- Full set of software tools for every stage of the safety life cycle (TriStation™ suite)
Safety and critical control applications- TÜV-certified for SIL 3 applications to international standard IEC61508:2010
- Emergency shutdown (ESD)
- Fire and gas (F&G)
- Burner management system (BMS)
- High integrity pressure protection system (HIPPS)
- Turbomachinery control and protection (TMC)
- Works in both centralized plus distributed and remote I/O applications
- Suitable for use in harsh environments
- Refining and petrochemicals
- Upstream and midstream oil and gas
- Chemicals and specialty chemicals
- Power generation
EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS
Safety View - Alarm and bypass management
Safety Validator - Application logic testing
Tristation - configuration and programming
Enhanced Diagnostic Monitor - System diagnostics
TriLogger - resolution of operating issues
Report Generator - Custom reports
Sequence of Event - collection and analysis of SOE
Find answers now. Search for a solution on your own, or connect with one of our experts.
Reach out to our customer care team to receive more information, technical support, assistance with complaints and more.
Where to buy?
Easily find the nearest Schneider Electric distributor in your location.
Search topic-related frequently asked questions to find answers you need.
Do you have questions or need assistance? We’re here to help!