Schneider Electric Extends Galaxy VS 3-Phase UPS with Internal Smart Battery Modules to 100 kW, Delivering Industry Leading Density and Availability
Andover, MA, USA
Extends Galaxy VS with internal smart battery modules from 10 kW to 100 kW
N+1 module configuration increases system availability by up to 10 times
EcoStruxure™ Ready simplifies monitoring and management
Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, today announced that the Galaxy VS 3-phase Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) with internal smart battery modules now extends from 10 to 100 kW. This release also introduces support for internal N+1 module level redundancy, improving system availability by up to 10 times. Galaxy VS with internal batteries is now the highest density uninterruptible power supply in the industry, making it ideal for the unique requirements of edge computing and critical infrastructures.
Offering 99% efficiency in ECOnversion™ mode, the Galaxy VS modular design is easy to deploy and service, making it ideal for critical IT, commercial, and industrial applications. The internal smart battery modules improve availability with added battery flexibility and monitoring, redundant battery strings, and self-configuration. This design reduces risk by ensuring critical loads are always protected with highly predictable runtimes and battery redundancy.
“With its industry leading density and N+1 availability, this Galaxy VS expansion addresses the growing need within the edge computing and data center industries for solutions that are highly available, fully managed, and highly efficient without increasing UPS footprint,” said Bin Lu,
senior vice president of Data Center Systems, Secure Power, Schneider Electric.
Additional Galaxy VS benefits include:
- Footprint savings: Compact design and full front access for servicing makes it ideal for confined spaces.
- Maximum availability thanks to modular architecture: Critical system components built as modules for faster serviceability and fault tolerance.
- Cost savings: Provides up to 99% efficiency when operated in Schneider Electric’s patented ECOnversion mode, allowing users to recover their initial investment within two to three years through energy savings (model dependent).
- Increased uptime and simplified maintenance: Critical system components are built as modules with a fault-tolerant design. This provides internal redundancy at reduced load levels and a shorter mean time to repair.
- EcoStruxure Ready: Makes it easy to manage with global visibility of equipment performance and status supported with a 24x7 expert service bureau using the next generation management software, EcoStruxure IT Expert and EcoStruxure Asset Advisor.
The extended power range is available worldwide except Japan. For more information, visit the Galaxy VS overview page or contact your local Schneider representative.
EcoStruxure is Schneider Electric’s open, interoperable, IoT-enabled system architecture and platform. It delivers enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability, and connectivity for customers. EcoStruxure leverages advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics, and cybersecurity to deliver innovation at every level. This includes connected products, edge control and apps, analytics, and services. EcoStruxure has been deployed in more than 480,000 sites, with the support of more than 20,000 system integrators and developers, connecting over 1.6 million assets under management through over 40 digital services.