FeaturesVarPlus Can are low voltage aluminium can capacitors specially designed to deliver a long working life with low losses in standard, heavy-duty and severe operating conditions.
- Technical datas:
- Voltage up to 830 V
- Power ratings up to 50 kvar
- Operating temperature up to 70 °C
- Degree of protection IP20
- Compliant with standards IEC 60831-1 and -2.
VarPlus Can capacitors must be selected depending on the working conditions expected during their lifetime. Since the harmonics are caused by non-linear loads, an indicator for the magnitude of harmonics is the ratio NLL of the total power of non-linear loads to the power supply transformer rating.
Solution: description Recommended use for Max. condition SDuty: Standard capacitor Networks with non significant non-linear loads NLL = 10 % > Standard over-current 1.5 IN > Standard operating temperature 55 °C (class D) > Normal switching frequency 5,000 / year > Standard life expectancy up to 100,000 h HDuty: Heavy-duty capapcitor > Networks with a few non-linear loads NLL = 20 % > Significant over-current 1.8 IN > Standard operating temperature 55 °C (class D) > Significant switching frequency 7,000 / year > Long life expectancy up to 130,000 h Energy: Capacitor for special conditions > Networks with significant number of non-linear loads NLL = 25 % > Severe over-current 2.5 IN > Extreme operating temperature 70 °C > High switching frequency 10,000 / year > Extra long life expectancy up to 160,000 h
BenefitsA safe, reliable and high-performance solution for power factor correction in the most severe application conditions
- Pressure-sensitive disconnector
- Discharge resistors fitted
- Finger-proof Clamptite terminals
- High thermal efficiency
- Easy to install, easy to maintain
- Vertical or horizontal installation
- Unique termination system for maintained tightening
ApplicationsFixed and Automatic Power Factor Correction systems
- Compensation in real time
- Compensation with detuned and tuned filters