Speed up machine design
- Same software for PLC and motion controller.
- Application Function Blocks to solve complex application requests.
- Motion library for programming, commissioning and diagnostics
Reduce size, cost, assembly time & maintenance
- Use one product for motion & logic treatments
- With multiple integrated features an communication ports, reduce your assembly time with field buses (CANopen, CANmotion or Sercos)
- Easy diagnostics through transparency and remote access
Two different types of motion controllers to meet your requirements:
Modicon LMC058 – this controller is the optimum solution for synchronized axis control and positioning, including automation functions. The Modicon LMC058 includes as standard a CANopen master and a CANmotion master dedicated to control of up to 8 synchronized axes, with a performance of 2 ms for 4 axes.
Modicon LMC078 – this controller is designed for compact machines that require a high level of performance in motion control applications as well as control system and machine communication function management. The Modicon LMC078 includes a Sercos interface for real time motion control, one input for a master encoder and a lot of embedded communication interfaces: Ethernet, CANopen, Serial interfaces and optional modules for PROFIBUS DP, Ethernet/IP. Their high processing power enables the control of 8 synchronized axes in 1 ms and 16 synchronized axes on Sercos, the execution of a Boolean instruction in 2 ns and a minimum cycle time of 250 μs.
Intuitive machine programming with SoMachine
Modicon LMC058 and LMC078
for coordinated, synchronised and interpolated motion control
Part of Modicon
A full range of scalable controllers to design all your applications, thanks to a single software suite, SoMachine, including the same Motion Libraries based on PLCopen, Embedded I/O, and numerous field buses.