Schneider Electric’s third quarter sustainability performance buoyed by continued climate action
Schneider Electric, the leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, published today the third quarter results of its sustainability impact target for 2025, with a score of 4.54 out of 10. These results provide further evidence of the company’s long-standing commitment to sustainability and reflect its leadership and positive impact in tackling climate change.
This news comes during an intense period for the climate community: shortly after the Climate Week NYC and just ahead of the UN's COP27 summit in Egypt, where Gwenaelle Avice-Huet, Schneider Electric’s Chief Strategy & Sustainability Officer, will share the company’s substantial expertise and recommendations on accelerating the transition to net-zero – an ecological imperative made all the more urgent by the current energy crisis.
Schneider’s strong sustainability performance this quarter, is due to:
- Becoming one of the world’s first companies to have its Net-Zero commitment roadmap validated by the Science Based Targets initiative’s new Corporate Net-Zero Standard.
- Gaining the industry-leading score of 89 out of 100 in the 2022 Corporate Sustainability Assessment by S&P Global, a renowned ESG rating agency (score date: October 21).
- Reaching the milestone of having saved and avoided 400 million tonnes of CO2 emissions for customers since 2018, halfway to its 2025 commitment.
“Sustainability is key to tackling today’s most pressing global issues, with both immediate gains and our collective future in mind,” said Gwenaelle Avice-Huet. “This is not just for purposeful reasons, but because sustainability is good for business. Our financial and extra-financial results demonstrate that companies can be a driving force to transform entire stakeholder ecosystems and better protect our planet.”
As highlighted by its recently announced decarbonization partnership with MSCI, a leading provider of ESG data, the company confirms that it is living up to impact company principles, by which it strives to be the best-possible Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) practitioner and a leading enabler of sustainability.
Detailed results and highlights of Schneider’s Sustainability Impact (SSI) 2021-2025 program, covering all aspects of ESG, are presented in the Q3 2022 report, including the progress report below:
Schneider Electric also took home the following awards and rankings for sustainability leadership in the past quarter:
- Two CIPS Excellence in Procurement Awards 2022 for The Zero Carbon Project
- Top PPA Marketplace Solution Provider ranking from Guidehouse
- Railsponsible Award 2022 for work on circular economy in the rail industry
- Gold rating for Cyber Disclosure from CyberVadis
- Top 10 ranking in the “Grand Prix de la Transparence 2022”
For more on Schneider Electric’s most recent awards and recognition, click here.
Find out more about Schneider’s Sustainability Impact results and highlights:
- Quarter 3 2022 Schneider Sustainability Impact report
- Quarter 3 2022 Financial and Extra-financial document
More on ESG at Schneider Electric: