Network for high performance machine applications
FeaturesWith the addition of Sercos III, Schneider Electric has created the first fully Ethernet based communication solution enabling communication for Motion-centric machines with both drives and field devices. SERCOS III can also streamline the integration of safety automation, and is a true standard. It does not rely upon a specific manufacturer, and it’s one of the most powerful Ethernet-based communication solutions currently on the market.
- Standardized, Ethernet-based fieldbus-communication
- Universal automation bus
- Sercos Energy
BenefitsHigh speed serial communication standard for motion centric machine automation
- Vendor-neutral and worldwide accepted: More than 50 controller manufacturers and 30 drive manufacturers worldwide support the standard. Sercos has been used in machine engineering for more than 20 years and is implemented in over 2,5 million real-time nodes.
- Powerful: Sercos III is one of the most powerful Ethernet-based communication solutions currently on the market. Greater bandwidth makes sercos III even faster than sercos II. This allows a network update rate of 1 msec for up to 99 drives. An innovative synchronization procedure makes sercos III even more precise than before.
- Cost effective: Sercos III allows a more cost effective design of communication solutions. Regardless the complexity of the automation solution, there is no need of hubs or switches. For installation CAT5e cable is generally sufficient.
- Fast commissioning, fast device replacement: Sercos offers the possibility to parameter components automatically via software. Sercos III offers for the first time to do this including assignment of bus addresses
- Maximum of reliability: The bidirectional Ethernet communication provides full media redundancy and therefore less failure probability
- Energy profile for enhancing energy efficiency: Sercos Energy allows the machine controls to switch connected components into energy-saving conditions, up to complete shut-down, in a targeted form. For this purpose, Sercos Energy makes the components’ energy consumption transparent allowing for an intelligent control of loads.
- Sercos III – Automation bus of PacDrive 3
- Sercos III is the Ethernet-based automation bus of PacDrive 3, MachineStruxure´s hardware platform for controlling complete servo driven machines
- Sercos III integrates the entire communication process for PacDrive 3: Drive communication, I/O communication and safety communication as well
- PacDrive 3´s scalable controller performance allows economical automation of applications ranging from 1 – 99 servo axes or with up to 30 robots
- PacDrive is Schneider electric´s solution offer for automating in particular
- packaging/production machines
- printing machines
- material handling systems
- machines for material working (wood, glass, ceramics, paper)
- PacDrive also comes up to the requirement for implementing strategies for more energy efficiency basing on Sercos Energy
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
FAQEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service. Browse FAQ
Distributor LocatorA simple tool to locate easily your nearest Schneider Electric distributor. Find a Distributor
MySchneider AppDiscover our new mySchneider app which offers tailored services, 24/7 self-service, and easy access to expert support and information. Download and register now to get access to recommended services and more. Get the App
Need information?Browse our resource section and find the most useful tools and documents for all our products. Browse