Thanks to TeSys island’s digital approach:
- Application selection and system configuration is simplified,
- Engineering tasks are reduced
- Enabling a faster machine installation phase.
TeSys island gives users access to device-related data for system diagnostics. In addition, TeSys island can be easily integrated into 3rd party automation systems and support all major field buses.
- System manages motors and other electrical loads up to 80A/37kW/50hp
- Up to 20 modules / 1 meter at one bus coupler
- One-click mounting on DIN rail and no need for control wiring
- No auxiliary wiring required, thanks to internal AUX bus
- No mechanical adjustments / settings required
- Digital & Analog I/Os available
- Only 21 commercial references for the complete system, including 5 standard motor starters and 5 safety motor starters
- Energy monitoring at load level
- Cybersecurity embedded into system (Achilles Level 2 & Safety up to Cat 4)
- Safety stop TUV certified (Stop 0 and 1 with wiring categories 1 to 3, suitable for Ple (Performance Level) and SIL level 3)
- Open connectivity thanks to Ethernet IP and Modbus TCP fieldbuses
• Featuring a catalog of TeSys Avatars representing load functionalities and basic applications, conceptual to digital twin in Industry 4.0, TeSys island allows intuitive and simplified engineering of machines while reducing time to market.
• The object-oriented approach of the TeSys Avatars allows users to focus on machine design, integration, and control, rather than on the selection and commissioning of each electro-mechanical component.
• TeSys island eliminates the need for additional inputs and output modules (I/Os) for control.
• Users can select the electro-mechanical devices without specific expertise, thanks to the online Motor Control Configurator.
• TeSys island is easy to commission through integration with the EcoStruxure Machine Expert engineering suite
• Reduce machine stoppage time with secured remote resets: for a fast and easy restart.
• Faster prescription of spare parts using QR codes and device replacement thanks to embedded functions and SD cards.
A Data Provider
• TeSys island provides data that enables the end-user to make intelligent decisions ahead of time, thanks to pre-alarms that help reduce machine stoppages as well as machine downtime.
• Embedded Avatar logic in the TeSys island bus coupler leads to reduced PLC programming time. Seamless integration is achieved through function blocks in the EcoStruxure architecture as well as that of other major automation player’s PLCs.
• Thanks to the integrated Operation and Maintenance Tool (OMT) as a web server, commissioning, maintenance, diagnosis and troubleshooting is easily performed even w/o the need of the installation of any software
• EcoStruxure Machine Advisor, part of EcoStruxure Apps & Analytics architecture, features a dashboard that displays energy consumption and other critical data for C-level and plant managers, as well as advanced diagnostics of particular issues.
• EcoStruxure Augmented Operator Advisor, part of EcoStruxure Apps & Analytics architecture, provides the operator or maintenance service with easy, secure access to the live data of the machine while in operation, as well as datasheets, tutorials, and other documents that are used during operation or maintenance.
• By connecting TeSys island to the EcoStruxure Machine architecture, it is possible to track, monitor and increase system performance remotely, and conduct maintenance outside operational hours.
• With Predictive Alarms, users are now more equipped with application status and can take appropriate actions to avoid machine outage.
• With Autonomous control mode, users can now rely on Avatar logic to control basic application operations based on the sensors on the application (process variable).
• Food & beverage
• Material working
• Material handling
• Small pumps: particularly in food & beverage, manufacturing and logistics segments
With EcoStruxure Motor Control configurator, get started with designing your TeSys island below:
EcoStruxure™ Motor Control Configurator