Leading the way in smart grid utility metering, the high-accuracy PowerLogic ION8650 meter is the premium socket / switchboard meter for grid revenue, power quality, and substation automation applications.
There are three different meter models to suit your needs according to features and functionality:
- PowerLogic ION8650C for revenue metering
- PowerLogic ION8650B for revenue metering and power quality compliance monitoring
- PowerLogic ION8650A for revenue metering and advanced power quality analysis
- High accuracy, single current range (2 times more accurate than existing ANSI/IEC Class 0.2 standards from 0.010A-20A)
- IEC 61850 protocol including COMTRADE support
- IEC 61000-4-30 Class A/S power quality measurement method
- Power quality compliance monitoring of international quality-of-supply standards (IEEE 519, EN50160, IEC 61000-4-7, IEC 61000-4-15, CBEMA/ITIC)
- Increased onboard memory – ION8650A/B/C (128Mb/64Mb/32Mb)
- 1024 samples/cycle measurements for all voltage/current channels
- Dual simultaneous low (32 samples/cycle) and high resolution (1024 samples/cycle) voltage waveform capture
- Up to 5 simultaneous communicating ports (*Limited to 3 ports on C model): Ethernet, modem, RS-232/485, RS-485, front ANSI optical port
- User selectable industry standard protocols available through serial and Ethernet including: Itron MV-90, Modbus, Modbus Master, DNP 3.0 and IEC 61850.
- User customizable register maps for Modbus and DNP protocols
- Ethernet and modem gateway for up to31 devices on each RS-485 port
- On-board web server, email alarms and data logs
- Easily integrate with PowerLogic ION Enterprise operations software or other energy management systems
- Use a single PowerLogic ION8650 meter for revenue metering, power quality monitoring and substation automation applications simultaneously.
- Modular, flexible ION technology can adapt to ever-changing industry standards and regulations, so your infrastructure doesn’t have to change.
Cutting-edge power and reliability
- Increased revenue metering accuracy (twice that of the current standard)
- Compliance to IEC 61000-4-30 class A/S to guarantee international quality-of-supply standards
- Compliance to IEC 61850 substation protocol for improved integration into SCADA systems
Easy to order, install and configure
- Fewer part numbers: easier to choose and stock the right meters
- Easier installation with user configurable wiring modes (Socket meters use ION Setup; switchboard meters use the front panel)
- Easy meter configuration using ION Setup software, an intuitive, user-friendly and free meter configuration tool
The PowerLogic ION8650gives utilities the tools to manage complex energy supply contracts, perform power quality analysis and provide data to multiple different utility systems.
Revenue metering and power quality
- High-accuracy revenue metering at grid interchange points or critical industrial loads including transformer and instrument compensation
- Provide multiple parties secure access to billing data
- Verify contract compliance with the newest power quality standards
- Analyze and isolate the source of power quality problems
Energy availability and reliability
- Improve T&D network reliability
- Provide accurate operational metering values to utility SCADA systems for enhancing real-time network reliability
- Enable customer participation in load reduction programs
- Maximise the use of existing infrastructure
- Monitor equipment to predict impending maintenance issues
- Provide long haul data to automate remote systems