EcoStruxure Power Automation System is a tailored-made platform of products (HMI, Gateway, BCU, and engineering & maintenance tools) that monitor, operate, and maintain electrical systems across a multitude of applications. It efficiently retrofits aging installations, helping to increase power reliability and energy efficiency capabilities. Scalable and interoperable, EPAS contributes to a more connected, digital, and efficient power system.
Optimized Electrical System Lifecycle Management
Based on IEC 61850, EPAS products incorporate the most advanced system engineering techniques. Applications like IEC 61850 system specification and automatic data-flow and data-model generation, as well as Modbus and IEC 60870-5-104 communication protocols mappings, are part of our System Configuration Tool, EPAS-E, and inventory and baseline management from SCD file definition with EPAS-M tool.
Operational Excellence & Safety
EcoStruxure Power Automation System increases power reliability and optimizes maintenance routines of electrical processes thanks to a wide range of supported communication protocols and the ability to communicate them to cloud-based applications that constantly monitor asset conditions such as temperature and vibration. Real-time automation schemes based on the IEC 61131-3 standard over interoperable IEC 61850 communication services help provide smarter solutions for power distribution systems in electro-intensive and electro-sensitive industries.
EPAS uses a security-by-design approach by incorporating security due diligence practices and common security level requirements, based on IEC 62443 standards, into its product’s development lifecycle.
- Faster projects deployment with simple, repeatable IEC 61850 system approach
- Digital services cloud-based applications data connector:
- Condition monitoring
- Predictive maintenance
- Asset management
- Security-by-design products and common security level requirements based on IEC 62443
- User experience & interface bold simplification
- Continuity of services applications with fast automation schemes over IEC 61850 communication services
- Optimize TCO – Total Cost of Ownership of electrical installations
- Substation automation system (SAS)
- Protection, automation, control and supervision of electrical substations (PACS)
- Condition monitoring
- Automatic transfer of source (ATS)
- Automatic voltage regulation for transformer (AVR)
- SCADA communication (Control Center)
Power generation and renewable energy – windfarms, hydro
- Data concentrator for offshore
- Electrical system supervision
EcoStruxureTM Power Automation System
Digital control system for a more efficient and connected power grid
Part of EcoStruxure
Energy transition, distributed generation, and renewables make today’s power grids increasingly complex, driving the need for digital transformation. EcoStruxure Power Automation System (EPAS) helps monitor, operate, and maintain these electrical systems with future-proof technologies like IEC 61850, which revolutionizes the way we digitize, design, configure, and maintain the power grid, and IEC 62443, the cybersecurity standard that supports security-by-design practices.