Organizations across the world are looking for constructive ways to make their operations sustainable. The move toward sustainability presents significant benefits to companies in terms of cost savings and efficiency. Furthermore, the switch to sustainable energy and fuels helps attract investors and new clients as the entire business ecosystem is acknowledging the importance and need for immediate action towards sustainability. This article revolves around how sustainable energy and fuels are enabling enterprises to transform.
What is Sustainable Energy?
Before understanding how sustainable energy sources and fuels are driving enterprises to transform,
it is important to understand what sustainable energy translates to in the real world. In simple terms, sustainable energy is energy that helps meet the present generation's needs without compromising the potential of future generations to do the same. It involves finding renewable sources of energy that can replenish themselves and are 'inexhaustible.'
The Need for an Energy Strategy
Energy has become a burning concern for businesses across the globe. While this comes as a direct consequence of climate change, businesses have started perceiving it as more than just a cost that needs to be supervised.
A robust energy strategy has become imperative for enterprises to ensure survival in the long haul. The mounting regulatory compliances and increasing awareness about environmental concerns have necessitated the construction of an energy strategy that will drive the transition to sustainable means.
Sustainable Energy and Fuels: Facilitating the Transition
The transformation to sustainable means is being driven with authority by renewable energy. There are several ways that businesses are benefitting from the switch:
- Energy costs: One of the primary concerns with non-renewable sources of energy and fuel is the extensive energy bill at the end of every month. As non-renewable sources become hard to source, the costs are constantly fluctuating, posing serious cost concerns for companies. Using sustainable energy and fuels like solar presents business owners with opportunities to cut energy bills while contributing effectively to the planet's well-being. Installing solar panels can save the constant struggle for resources and ensure the energy bills stay nominal for years to come.
- Public image: Transforming to sustainable energy sources showcases the organization's seriousness towards the environment and the well-being of the community. This gives an effective boost in terms of public relations and could be the differentiator between a potential client opting for your brand instead of a non-sustainable one.
- Employment creation: As a responsible business enterprise, it is imperative to create new job opportunities for the community. Transforming to sustainable energy and fuels encourages industrial growth and opens new avenues for employment. Renewable energy sources usually require more manpower as compared to conventional energy sources; therefore, organizations can create a bigger demand as more companies transition to sustainable energy and fuels.
- Durability and stability: In the industrial or commercial landscape, any kind of downtime can translate to a significant loss of revenue. Electricity and energy play a major role in making sure routine operations are conducted effortlessly. Renewable energy sources are stable and make sure that businesses do not have to face any kind of unexpected disruption. Businesses can focus fully on meeting their set objectives and push through in the competitive landscape.
- Lower carbon emissions: One of the most significant advantages of sustainable energy and fuels is that it helps safeguard the community as well as the planet against the adverse effects of climate change. While some processes associated with renewable energy can still contribute to global warming, the damage done is significantly lower. On the other hand, some renewable energy sources have a zero-carbon footprint ensuring the effective contribution of enterprises towards the betterment of the environment.
- The differentiator: Regardless of the industry or nature of operations, every business strives to be the best in its field. Decision-makers need to consistently develop strategies that will help their enterprise stand out. A company making use of sustainable energy and fuels in an environment where every other enterprise is resorting to non-renewable sources can become the primary differentiator.
- ROI: Getting a healthy return on investment is one of the foremost strategies for any business owner. Adopting sustainable energy and fuels may seem like a significant investment at first, but the long-term benefits outweigh the initial cost. Depending on the size of the business, the monthly savings on energy costs are evident. Moreover, maintenance costs are also minimized, and businesses are safeguarded against the constant price fluctuations of non-renewable energy sources.
Transform to Sustainable Means with Green Yodha
Global warming is human-made, and the scope of changing the direction in which the world is heading is narrowing by the day. The target is simple—limiting global temperature increase to 1.5 degrees. The set objective can only be achieved if the global carbon emissions are zeroed by 2050 and reduced by 30-50 percent by 2030.
Sustainable energy and fuels play a major role in abating carbon emissions. The global transformation of the energy system necessitates the construction of a transition system that is comprehensible to the consumer and drives adoption at an increased rate. The best way to abate carbon emissions completely by 2050 is by modernizing the economy at an accelerated pace and developing behavioral changes and innovation.
With Green Yodha
, Schneider Electric focuses on creating a global community of businesses, individuals, and institutions that takes a collective action toward adopting practices in automation, solar, renewables, digitalization, and a fresh world of electricity that meets corporate and individual sustainability goals.