Schneider Electric launches GenieEvo Connected - Air-Insulated Switchgear with Scalable Connectivity
- Setting a new standard for primary air-insulated switchgear
- 24/7 Cloud-based service for efficient maintenance
Schneider Electric, the leader in energy management and automation, today launches GenieEvo Connected, a comprehensive, reliable switchgear range with unparalleled connectivity for asset health monitoring.
GenieEvo switchgear is a pioneering solution for large industries and mid-sized buildings. It has a 40-year proven track record of enhanced safety and reliable performance with a long, durable service life in data centres, factories, buildings and energy infrastructure.
As the latest model, GenieEvo Connected comes complete with enhanced digital and IoT capabilities that enables users to overcome any operational or maintenance challenges within the electrical supply chain. Users receive 24/7 condition monitoring and regular detailed reports on equipment health with actionable recommendations with the following benefits:
- Operational Performance: GenieEvo Connected is optimised for native connection to EcoStruxure Asset Advisor – an app-accessible, 24/7 connected and troubleshooting service for fast issue resolution of critical equipment. It helps reduce the risk of problems arising, , by quickly detecting issues such as condensation or poor environmental conditions which may impact on equipment, as just one example. Once seen, action can be taken quickly to prevent unnecessary downtime through condition-based tailored services recommended by experts.
- Financial performance: 24/7 condition monitoring helps detect issues at the source. By preventing downtime by up to 25% and identifying problems before they become more severe and costly to rectify, failure costs are reduced - helping to optimise maintenance budgets and reduce the total cost of ownership.
- Employees protection: Anticipating critical issues more swiftly through predictive analytics and smart alarms makes it possible to minimise the risk of electrical faults in the workplace.
Commenting on its launch, David Hall, VP Power Systems, Schneider Electric, said: "Energy consumption is undergoing a mass transformation. Solutions such as GenieEvo Connected provide the confidence of knowing that the health of equipment is being constantly monitored with real-time intelligence on its performance, along with access to technical support and expertise whenever it may be needed. Often, the main causes of switchboard outages are poor connections or environmental conditions. With new IoT features, GenieEvo utilises smart sensors and 24/7 connectivity for real-time data to support business flow."
Produced in Leeds, United Kingdom, GenieEvo Connected is a Schneider Electric core product for the Medium-Voltage range together with Ringmaster range and Packaged Substations, and available now.
To find out more, visit: https://www.se.com/uk/en/work/products/product-launch/local/genieevo-connected-switchgear.jsp