Agile and on time with EcoStruxureThe parcel and package delivery industry is rapidly adapting to meet customer expectations in the face of rising digital demand. UPS and Schneider Electric built upon their long-standing relationship and the flexibility of EcoStruxure to drive efficiency. The new UPS Smart Hub facility is capable of processing 104,000 packages per hour.
• Control the process automation and operations of a facility with more than 15 miles of conveyor belts and a target of processing 104,000 packages every hour.
• Adapt existing machine controls and power distribution technology to help maintain UPS’s standards for package processing and on-time delivery.
Apps, Analytics & Services: Modernization services
Edge Control: PacDrive™ controllers, Momentum I/O
Connected Products: Altivar™ Machine, Lexium™ 62, Magelis™ HMI, APC™ UPS, Square D™ power equipment
• Connected products enhance the facility’s operational efficiencies to achieve the goal of 104,000 packages per hour.
• Remote access to real-time data enables predictive maintenance and insights.
• Scalable, connected products help UPS provide the agility and reliability its customers need now and in the future.
• Higher reliability of operations
• Simplified processes and improved performance
• Increased process efficiency, driving a reduction in energy usage
Joel Stenson, Vice President of Corporate Plant Engineering, UPS
“Schneider has helped us realize our vision of what automation looks like, and to take advantage of the technologies that make themselves available.”