Is IIoT a game changer in Asset Performance?
Fonterra customer story
Redefining New Zealand’s milk industrySee how we are helping Fonterra push the limits of performance, safety and efficiency
• Highest standards of hygiene, quality and freshness: Milk is a time-critical product that must meet the strictest requirements for safety and quality. Machinery downtime, delivery delays or improper care can cause some milk producers to dump their produce. The company needed a supplier that could craft a dedicated relationship based on mutual trust, and one prepared for breakdown management when it happens.
• Industrial efficiency and sustainability: At the same time Fonterra needed a partner with the vision to use industrial efficiency as a means to be environmentally friendly and create sustainable business practices for their future.
Apps, Analytics & Services: Services & support – total solution with lifecycle management, SCADA software
Connected Products: Drives, motor control, MV, LV distribution, lighting control, C-Bus, UPS, wiring accessories
• Complete solution for greater efficiency: Once a diverse range of small or medium dairy co-operatives, the New Zealand dairy industry has had a long-standing relationship with Schneider Electric. It was a natural step for us to provide a complete product/solution that could be employed on a local and global scale, streamlining electrical distribution and making it compatible across the board for greater production efficiency.
• Expert guidance for greenfield project: In addition to day-to-day operations, Fonterra has expanded their infrastructure with our guidance and built a much larger milk processing site called Darfield – their first greenfield site since all other major capital projects had been on existing sites with legacy systems.
• From humble beginnings with milk co-operatives to the biggest and most efficient dairy plant in the world, one great benefit Fonterra has discovered while working with Schneider Electric has been the enduring nature of their relationship. It’s a long-running history with New Zealand’s dairy industry and will surely endure as Fonterra continues to grow.
- Fonterra is the New Zealand’s largest dairy producer and the world’s largest dairy exporter
- Darfield is the first greenfield site to be developed by Fonterra
- It is the biggest, most efficient dairy site in the world
- Darfield 2 drier machine consumes between 4.2 and 4.4 million liters a day
- Darfield 2 produces over 30 tons of whole milk powder per hour
- 5% of SENZ turnover can be directly attributed to Fonterra
Solutions for the food and beverage industry
Access more customer stories
Find answers now. Search for a solution on your own, or connect with one of our experts.
Reach out to our customer care team to receive more information, technical support, assistance with complaints and more.