FeaturesThe APC SurgeArrest® Performance series provides our highest level of surge protection for professional computers, high end electronics, and other sensitive equipment. Offering our highest joule rating and largest number of outlets, this line of power strips offer our most elite line of premium surge protection. The SurgeArrest Performance also offers USB outlets, safety shudders, overload indicators, and cord management. Typical applications for the Surge Arrest Performance series of power strips include high end PCs, refrigerators, washing machines, televisions, and sound systems.
- Transformer Block Spacing - Connect bulky transformer block plugs without covering up other outlets.
- Phone Line Splitter - Allows use of two pieces of equipment at once, such as a modem and phone.
- Noise Filtering - Attenuates EMI/RFI line noise that can cause data errors and keyboard lockups, ensuring better performance of protected equipment.
- Data-line Protection - Protection of data lines (Ethernet, Coaxial and Phone lines) ensures complete protection of your equipment from surges. It is very important to protect your equipment from “back door” electric surges traveling through data lines, as they can be as damaging to your equipment as surges traveling over power lines.
- IEEE let-through rating and UL 1449 compliance - The 'Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers' (IEEE) Let-Through Voltage rating is based on a test that subjects a Surge Protector to a 6,000 volt spike. The rating equates to the amount of excess voltage that reaches connected equipment. The lower the number, the better the performance of the Surge Protector is. Underwriter's Laboratory's UL1449 surge protection safety standard uses these ratings to help users gauge performance. UL's best Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor (TVSS) Let-Through Voltage rating is "300V".
- Catastrophic Event Protection - SurgeArrest components such as MOVs and Thermal fuse ensure instantaneous reaction to lightning strikes and wiring faults. If the surge components are damaged due to power spike or over voltage, excess power cannot reach your equipment. Unlike the APC SurgeArrest products, most surge suppressors continue to let power through even after circuits have been damaged, leaving your equipment exposed to other damaging surges.
- Cord Management - To help organize power cords.
- Adjustable Cable Management - Keeps cords and cables neat and organized.
- Overload Indicator - Indicator illuminates when connected equipment draws more power than unit’s capacity. To remedy the condition, unplug less vital equipment.
- Receptacle Shock Safety Shutters - Shutters protect users from accidental contact with unused outlets.
- Site wiring fault indicator - In order to work properly, surge suppressors require a correctly wired and grounded outlet. APC surge protectors identify dangerous wiring problems before you plug in your equipment.
- Protection working indicator - SurgeArrest will warn you if its circuitry has been damaged by heavy strike or power line surge and it is unable to provide 100% protection.
- Fail Safe Mode - Most other surge suppressors continue to let power through even after their circuits have been damaged, leaving your equipment exposed to future surges. APC's SurgeArrest fail safe, which means that once the circuit of an APC SurgeArrest has been compromised the unit disconnects equipment from the power supply ensuring that no damaging surges reach your equipment.
- 180 degree Rotating Cord Retainer - A 180-degree rotating cord with strain relief offers flexibility in positioning the SurgeArrest, and in routing the power cord.
- Cord Management - Reduces cord clutter.
- Lightning and Surge Protection - To prevent damage to your equipment from electric power surges and spikes.
Maximum Power Surge Protection for Computers, Notebooks and Other Electronics
The world's only surge protector to incorporate removable cable guide and rotating cord retainer.