FeaturesClear uninterrupted communication is impossible without a clear uninterrupted power supply. Protecting telecommunication lines from disturbances caused by inadequate or unstable power is as important as protecting computer data flow. Perhaps even more so, because power outages often come hand in hand with natural and other disasters, when the ability to quickly summon help is particularly critical. To protect telecommunication lines from power disturbances, APC by Schneider Electric offers the following two solutions: PowerShield, a DC UPS designed for protecting the customer premise equipment of hybrid fiber-coax, fiber to the home (FTTH), and fixed wireless local loop (FWLL) networks. Magnum VS, a modular, rack-mountable DC power plant for low power wireless, customer premise and distributed network applications.
- Internal Protection - Integral over-current protection devices protect the system against overload faults.
- Extendable Run Time - Additional batteries can be added to provide power to the load for an extended period of time in the event of utility supply failure.
- Battery voltage temperature compensation - Automatic battery float voltage temperature compensation extends battery life and performance
- LED Indicators - Provide easy-to-read status of the unit and utility power conditions.
- Automatic self-test - Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced.
- Front Access - Installation and maintenance of all components can be carried out without access to the rear or sides of the cabinet.
- Automatic restart of loads after UPS shutdown - Automatically starts up the connected equipment upon the return of utility power.
- User-replaceable batteries - Increases availability by allowing a trained user to perform upgrades and replacements of the batteries reducing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Hot-swappable batteries - Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment while batteries are being replaced