The CONNECT radio system not only provides the most reliable connections but also ensures simple installation and function checking. With the new CONNECT radio central unit it shows its best side – and connects numerous new functions of the “radio world” and the “IP world” in a single control unit.
ATTRIBUTES OF CONNECT RADIO CENTRAL UNIT
- High-resolution, backlit TFT colour display (number of colours: 16-bit/64,000, brightness: 400 cd/m2)
- Wide reading angle (60°– 80°)
- Very straightforward operation via dial ring (clickwheel) with four cursor keys and the enter key
- Favourite key (request menu)
- Home key calls up the menu structure directly
- Eight freely programmable pushbuttons for direct control of functions
- Individually confi gurable labelling field
- Real-time clock
- Ethernet connection
- Integrated radio antenna
- Controlling the lighting
- Controlling roller shutters
- Controlling the room temperature
- Activating scenes
- Controlling individual and group functions via Schneider-electric@home or via the eight operator buttons of the CONNECT radio central unit
- Interface for the Microsoft Multimedia Center edition
- Multimedia activation via streaming clients (e.g. Squeezebox) as well as volume control and playlists
- Display of current news thanks to RSS newsfeed
- Signalling e-mail arrivals
- Presentation of images in the form of a slideshow
- Digital clock as screensaver
- Recording history data and forwarding by e-mail (e.g. if the lighting is switched on while the homeowner is on holiday, he immediately receives a warning e-mail)
- and much more
You can access many functions even when you aren’t home. The CONNECT radio central unit has an additional Ethernet connection and is controlled via Schneider-electric@home. That way you can use the radio central unit to control building functions remotely even when you’re away.
The CONNECT radio system is a bi-directional radio network. That means that all devices can transmit and receive signals simultaneously. Thus it is possible for signals to be routed or for alternative radio transmission paths to be searched for (e.g. during temporary faults).
There are two configuration methods:
- The EASY CONNECT method : To connect up to five devices located close together(e.g. in one room). Configuration is carried out manually.
- Using the CONNECT radio configurator: For systems between different rooms with up to 100 devices and extensive functions (scenes, central switching function, switch times, individual key assignment).
- Secure transmission using the 868 MHz frequency range
- Meshed network technology using Z-Wave™ standard
- Clear addressing enables interference-free operation of multiple radio systems side by side
- Very flexible installation and configuration
- No cable routing required, due to the use of battery-powered transmitters
- Standard battery (CR 2450N) used inside the battery-powered transmitters
- Extension of existing installations within the mentioned WD ranges
- Implementation of groups, scene controlling options and central functions
- The extensive product spectrum covers all areas of application such as lighting control, roller shutter control and scene.
- Simple learning for freely programmable functions
- Extremely flat battery-powered push-buttons e.g. for attaching to glass
- Indoor transmission range: around 30 m (depending on place of installation and building characteristics such as materials and wall thickness)
- Range in free field: approx. 100 m
CONNECT radio system central unit including schneider-electric@home user interface
- Universal battery pushbuttons 1, 2 or 4 keys
- Universal 4 gang transmitter (flush mounted)
- Universal remote control (RF and IR)
- Flush mounted receiver for lights (dimming/switching) and blinds
- Design sensor plates for lights (dimming/switching) and blinds to be combined with electronic or relay switch and dimming inserts.
- Plug adapter for lights (dimming/switching)
- CONNECT radio system configurator with USB interface
- Power supply flush mounted
- Mounting material like wall brackets, double sided adhesive strips, aluminum coloured foil, screws and dowels
CONNECT is a professional range of wireless products designed for use in the residential and small buildings environments.
CONNECT offers not only all sorts of flexibility with respect to installation, but also in design. There are also compatible radio components for the Merten System M, Trend, Artic, Artec and Antique switch ranges, many of which have won numerous design prizes. Many applications make life easier.
- Controlling lighting
- Controlling roller shutters
- Activating scenarios (e.g. “Central off”)
- Time switch function
- Controlling individual and group functions
- Web based control via schneider-electric@home on the central unit
- Multimedia activation via streaming clients (e.g. Squeezebox) as well as volume control, play, stop
- Displaying current news thanks to RSS news feed
- Signaling e-mail arrivals
- Presentating pictures as a slideshow
- Digital clock as a screen saver
- Recording history data and forwarding by e-mail (e.g. if the lighting is switched on while the homeowner is on holiday, they immediately receive a warning e-mail)
No damage to walls – existing wires can be reused and battery powered products will be added.
Time saving – No cable routing required, due to the use of battery-powered transmitters.