Connectivity and Efficiency with EcoStruxure™ Plant
Apps, Analytics & Services: AVEVA industrial software*: System Platform, Historian, Historian Client, InTouch HMI (Remote Client)
Edge Control: Modicon M580 PAC, M340
Connected Products: X80 I/O, ConneXium network switches, Magelis HMI, Telefast ABE wiring interfaces
• Complete IIoT-ready EcoStruxure Plant solution, with integrated software and domain expertise provides better data access, visualization and connectivity to the software.
• DCS modernization: System Platform 2014 R2 is used as the supervisory to the juice preparation and crystallization plant areas of the Pongola sugar mill. Each of these areas uses a level-3 M580 processor, X80 I/O, and ABE field interface units. During the project, the scope was expanded and the sugar handling system was added on to the new M580 processor, thereby adding a platform for the expansion of the refinery section of the plant and removing the last bit of the old DCS at the site. Remote X80 I/O was used in a redundant ring with NRP links to fiber to distant substations. Magelis HMIs are used for the local displays in the factory.
• Partnering for success: To deliver the combined IIoT-ready hardware and software solution, Schneider Electric partnered with Control Software Solutions (CSS), a Master Alliance System Integrator Partner & Certified Wonderware Partner, because of their expertise in innovative and customized solutions and their track record for successfully delivering solutions using System Platform and Schneider Electric PLCs.
* The Schneider Electric industrial software business and AVEVA have merged to trade as AVEVA Group plc, a UK listed company. The Schneider Electric and Life is On trademarks are owned by Schneider Electric and are being licensed to AVEVA by Schneider Electric.
A reliable and flexible automation system using EcoStruxure Plant, underpinned by the capabilities of the IIoT, returns control to the hands of RCL operators, backed by strong local support.
• 20% increase in the plant’s throughput
• Improved competitiveness
• Enabled technology (simplified process optimization)
• Modern, high performance PLC system with high availability in RIO & Hot Standby
• Reduced downtime for better reliability
• Remote visibility and diagnosis
• Improved operational information thanks to new software standards
• Expert local support
• In-house first-line support