Browse FAQs

What is the correct grease to use for Metal Enclosed Switchgear?

Published date: 18 May 2020

Grease for HVL switchgear

Product Line:
Medium Voltage switchgear


The correct grease to use for Metal Enclosed Switchgear and HVL gear  is Mobilgrease 28 red grease.  The part number for a 35 lb pail is 1615100950.  For a 12 oz tube of the same grease, the part number is 1615100950T.  
The old grease should be removed with contact cleaner before this new grease is applied. Good practice is not to mix two different greases.


Was this helpful?

What can we do to improve the information ?

Can't find what you are looking for?

Reach out to our customer care team to receive information on technical support, assistance for complaints and more.