Distributing energy the sustainable way
- E.ON is committed to becoming fossil fuel-free by 2025 and cutting the risk of greenhouse gas emissions.
- SF₆ is a man-made greenhouse gas which is commonly used in electrical switchgear.
- To take a step towards a more sustainable and greener network, E.ON decided to look for an SF₆-free replacement for their switchgear.
Connected products: SF6-free switchgear, PowerLogic T300
- Our new SF₆-free switchgear technology was chosen for a pilot project in Norrköping.
- The switchgear met all of E.ON’s expectations, including environmental friendliness, compliance with the energy transition happening in Sweden, high safety, and interoperability with their existing equipment.
- Together with the SF₆-free switchgear, E.ON. has also implemented the PowerLogic T300 remote terminal unit (RTU) to gain greater insight into network operations.
- Implementing the SF₆-free switchgear is a huge step forward for E.ON towards a more sustainable, greenhouse gas-free distribution network.
- Greater insight into network operations enabled early fault detection, improved reliability across the grid, and allowed for more effective, better-planned maintenance operations.
Discover more about the SF₆-free E.ON project winning an enerTIC Award
Offers used by E.ON
EcoStruxure™ for Power and Grid
Read more customer stories
Find answers now. Search for a solution on your own, or connect with one of our experts.
Reach out to our customer care team to receive more information, technical support, assistance with complaints and more.
Where to buy?
Easily find the nearest Schneider Electric distributor in your location.
Search topic-related frequently asked questions to find answers you need.