Server general informationThe ClearSCADA server performs all of the SCADA functions with exception of operator interface, and runs as a windows service under the operating system.
DescriptionThe ClearSCADA server is integrated with all the major components of software needed for a typical SCADA system. This not only saves you additional licensing costs but also simplifies the configuration effort and reduces the time to deploy. The diagram below highlights the internal components of the ClearSCADA server (shown within the box outline). In the centre is the real-time database which is updated by the Data collectors or protocol drivers.You will notice there is a broad offering of IO servers from AES for Oil & Gas flow computers and RTUs and native drivers for industry standard protocols such as MODBUS, DNP3, IEC870, and OPC etc.The Network and Server performance includes an SNMP and ICMP driver which is ideal for network devices such as data radios, network switches/routers, UPS etc. and the Performance Monitor driver is like the he Task Manager in Windows which can in monitor in real-time, trend and alarm any variable in the operating system on the server PC.
The real-time database resides in memory on the server and includes a rich set of metadata such as time-stamp, quality flag, alarm state etc., when communications is lost to the PLC/RTU the quality flag for the associated data points will change to "Last known value" and the point value is retained; the operator still has an idea of what is going on in the process.This is the true indication of a product designed for SCADA.
The alarm and historian subsystem are attributes of the point object in the configuration environment and are no more work to configure than a simple check box. The historian is an integrated component to the ClearSCADA server. Every SCADA point can be historised if required. The historian is proprietary format for performance reasons however accessible using standard interface such as OPC-HDA, ODBC, and OLE-DB. It is event based with data compression options to tune data granularity. ClearSCADA also includes an archive object where you can take a snapshot of the historical data and copy to external drive or SAN.
In summary, the major components that are integrated into the ClearSCADA server include;
- Real-time database with point attributes such as time-stamp and quality flag
- Built-in protocol drivers for all PLC, Gas flow computes and RTUs
- An integrated event-based historian with compression options
- An alarm and event journal that is SQL compliant
- Alarm redirector to push critical alarms to email and/or text messages
- An integrated web server without need to convert graphics displays
- Crystal Report license free run-time engine and scheduler
- Open industry standard interfaces such as OPC, ODBC, .NET for integration with business systemsServer OptionsServer Options
- OPC Server for 3rd-party OPC client connectivity (OPC DA, OPC AE, OPC HDA)
- Drivers: RealFLO EFM, Siemens S7 (For latest available drivers contact Schneider Electric, Telemetry & Remote SCADA Systems)
ClearSCADA software is an integrated, scalable and reliable Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) software with ready-to-use telemetry features optimized for managing remote assets spread across geographically dispersed infrastructure.
The intuitive configuration tools help users to develop and deploy solutions for almost any size application. With strong capabilities for communicating with remote devices using a diverse range of protocols and mediums at the same time, ClearSCADA helps you optimize the operation and management of your remote assets.
ClearSCADA delivers a new level of functionality helping you unlock the geo-locational power of your SCADA assets, with the introduction of innovative location services and mapping integration.
Some recent highlights include:
- Location Support, Mapping & GIS Integration – underpinned by the storage of GPS coordinates for database objects, ClearSCADA is now geographically-aware and able to provide location-based alarm notification, filtering, and visualization for both fixed assets and mobile field operators. Integrated support for online or GIS map sources enables automatic display of locations on maps, which can also include real-time weather data from online service providers.
- Centralized User Management – tighter integration with Active Directory (AD) allowing new ClearSCADA User Accounts to be created automatically, plus automatic re-alignment with changes in AD permissions on subsequent logons.
- Automated Control & Feedback Validation – configure validation rules for output controls such that an alarm will be raised when the output or feedback from an input variable does not reach the desired value within the configured timeout, and/or when the value changes when it was not controlled to do so.
- Other Features – tighter integration with Trio Radios for advanced diagnostics collection, support for Sofrel S50 and S500 series RTUs, support for updated firmware in Schneider Electric SCADAPack™ E (v8.14.1) and Realflo™ (v6.94 & v6.95), improvements to security, enhancements to the User Interface, and more…
- Enhance system reliability and security
- Optimise the management of critical infrastructure
- Reduce total cost of ownership
- Operate more efficiently
- Manage data in challenging environments
- Seamlessly connect to business and IT systems
- Make more timely informed decisions
- Protect your investment as SCADA systems expand
Các ứng dụngClearSCADA can be tailored to a wide array of industry rigours and demands and is ideal for industries such as Water and Waste Water, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy and many more.