Efficiency- a constant challenge
Constant pressure to deliver results in the mining industry is compounded by steadily escalating costs, aging and underperforming assets, and a lack of skilled workers.
Solutions for Operational Efficiency
Power DistributionFind Out More
Process Control, Automation and Motor ControlFind Out More
Advanced Process Control and OptimizationFind out More
Operator Training and SimulationFind Out More
Asset Management and Condition MonitoringFind out More
Why work with Schneider Electric
- Best-in-Class Asset Performance From maintenance to equipment performance, we optimize the OEE of your assets, and extend their useful life.
- Integrated Process and Power Distribution Get total production visibility thanks to seamless integration between control and electrical systems.
- A SAG mill has a typically efficiency of only 5% or less.
- More than 75% of mineral processing plants still use very basic control strategies.
- More than 70% of the energy required in the beneficiation & processing of ores is consumed by crushing and grinding.
- The average financial loss in a major incident caused by operator error can exceed $80 million in lost production.
- Industry experts estimate that it takes 10,000 hours to develop an employee’s expertise.
- Operators can learn more in several minutes of hands-on training than in several hours of lecturing.