Our location in Wiehl at a glance
- Competence centre for installation and building services engineering on a 42,000 m² area
- German hub for our Smart Home "Wiser" product line
- Modern, comfortable working environment from which highly innovative products for the whole world are developed and produced
- Leading in research and development: Own ZVEI-certified test laboratory in which prototypes can be tested directly
- Connected production where installation products such as switches and sockets are manufactured and shipped
- Modern, motivating working atmosphere in an attractive new building
At a glance: Working at Schneider Electric in Wiehl
- Multinational creative forge: Effective development and working in international teams
- Mix of local and virtual team members, across countries and business units
- Best possible flexibility and compatibility of family and career
- Working in a home office is a matter of course (for tasks that can be processed in virtual teams). Our production teams are on location, but they also use flexible working time models.
- Company sport: Weekly yoga and back classes, participation in Germany-wide running and bike events promote health and collegial cooperation
- Company restaurant with freshly cooked meals for every taste
View of the city from the Bismarck Tower
Animals in the Eckenhagen Game Park
Typical architecture in Wiehl
Restaurants and shopping - all in one place
Thanks to the good motorway connection to the A4 and A45 all destinations can be easily reached by car. Many colleagues who find the small town too quiet commute from Cologne to the Schneider Electric site. Advantage: You drive against the traffic jam, as many commuters are drawn in the direction of Cologne. The nearest train station is in neighbouring Dieringshausen. The journey to Cologne-Bonn airport takes about 40 minutes.
Distance to important cities and traffic junctions
- - Dieringshausen railway station: 8 km
- - Olpe: 30 km (approx. 25 min.)
- - Cologne-Bonn Airport: 50 km (approx. 40 min.)
- - Train station Siegen: 50 km (approx. 40 min.)
- - Wuppertal: 80 km (approx. 1 hour)
- - Düsseldorf: 85 km (approx. 1 hour)
- - Dortmund: 100 km (approx. 1 hour)
- - Marburg: 150 km (approx. 1 ¾ hrs.)
- - Enschede (NL): 220 km (approx. 2 ½ hrs.)
Close to the workplace and close to turbulent city life: The metropolises of Cologne and Düsseldorf can be reached by car in about an hour and yet Wiehl has everything you need. From affordable flats for students and trainees to exclusive single and familiy apartments or houses to barrier-free properties for elderly people both to rent and buy - in Wiehl and the surrounding area everyone will find the right property. The building society BEW rents out single-family semi-detached houses and apartments in multi-party houses in various districts and also has some building plots for sale. When looking for a new home it is also worthwhile to visit neighbouring cities like Gummersbach or others.
Pure nature: The urban area consists of about 70 percent green space. A special visitor magnet is the Wiehl stalactite cave with 1,500 metres of cave passages. Here you can admire hanging stalactites, thick cascades, pillars, columns as well as other impressive structures full of beauty of form and bright variety of colours. In the immediate vicinity of the stalactite cave you will find the idyllic wildlife park and the 1.8 km long forest and nature trail, where young and old discoverers get their money's worth. In nearby Waldbröl, the nature adventure park "Panarbora" offers a unique combination of facilities in Europe - for example a treetop path with an observation tower and a nature adventure academy. The monkey and bird park in Eckenhagen is characterised above all by its unique and fascinating animal world.
Wiehl is a family-oriented city where kids and toddlers are well looked after. The FamoS family office serves as the first point of contact for all matters relating to education, support, care and leisure activities. 14 nursery schools and kindergarten offer space for little explorers. All schools and further education institutions are located in the immediate vicinity. If the youngsters are aiming for an academic career after graduation, they do not have to travel far to study. Renowned universities and colleges can be found in all nearby cities such as Bonn, Cologne, Siegen, Düsseldorf and the Ruhr area. Those who want to expand their knowledge in their free time can do so at the Wiehl adult education centre, music school or library.
The "Axle, Wheel and Carriage" museum takes visitors on a journey through the 5,500-year cultural and technical history of car manufacturing. The centuries of calligraphy can be relived in the "Writing Culture Museum". Weekly markets, the annual Heimatfest at the Bismarck Tower as well as the town festival and Christmas market attract visitors with a colourful offer and romantic stall magic. Whether jazz, theatre, cabaret or comedy - the Kulturkreis Wiehl surprises with a varied programme. Another cultural highlight of the region is the Erzquell Brewery Bielstein, which opens its doors to visitors for factory tours. The family-owned company attaches great importance to quality and has been brewing traditional beer at the highest standards since 1900. Visitors can convince themselves of this quality while tasting the beer specialities on a guided tour.
Wir unterstützen Sie!
Finden Sie Ihr Anliegen in wenigen Klicks oder wenden Sie sich mit komplexen Fragen an unsere Experten
Erhalten Sie Antworten auf Ihre Fragen, indem Sie die themenbezogenen häufig gestellten Fragen (FAQs) durchsuchen.
Finden Sie ganz einfach den nächstgelegenen Händler für Schneider Electric.