Schneider Electric single phase electronic sectionalisers, type SAX, are intelligent mechanisms designed to distinguish between temporary and permanent faults that usually occur in overhead MV distribution.
Main SAX characteristics
- Automatic air isolation, coordinated with an auto-recloser or circuit breaker.
- Electromechanical trip, no spare parts are needed. Fire risks are eliminated by the normal chemical striker, which is subject to the environmental conditions.
- Detection of single-phase, two-phase and three-phase faults.
- Up to 36 kV.
- Threshold from 10 A up to 140 A.
- Opening at the second or third cycle of the circuit breakers or auto-recloser (programmed in the factory).
- On-load breaking by means of suitable hook-stick.
- Outdoor service.
SAX improves network quality and gives continuity to the electrical supply in overhead distribution network, simply and free of maintenance.
- As an alternative to the fuse cut-out. As it doesn’t depend on fuse curves, overcurrent coordination problems are avoided.
- as an overcurrent protecti