Pelco by Schneider Electric Ethernet two-port media converters are designed to transmit and receive 10/100 Mbps data over multimode or single mode optical fiber. Ethernet Media converters connect different types of cable while maintaining the functions of the network. In its simplest form, a media converter modifies different cables (e.g., coaxial)- and different plugs to fit one another. In this way media converters can be used, for example, to modify 100Base-TX to 100Base-FX or to convert single mode to multimode fiber. By using media converters, the boundaries of network extension can be increased by using fiber optic routes. These media converters are designed to operate in extreme temperatures, ranging from -40 ̊ C to +75 ̊ C.
FMCI Media Converter Series Documents & Downloads
- Designed to Meet NEMA TS 1/TS 2, and Caltrans Traffic Signal Control Equipment Environmental Standards
- Flexible Option for Operating AC/DC Power
- Fiber Distances up to 3 km (2 mi) in multimode
- Fiber Distances up to 20 km (12 mi) in single mode
- Transparent to Data Encoding/Compatible with Major Data Protocols
- Voltage Transient Protection on All Power and Signal Input/ Output
- Electrical Port Supports Auto-negotiation for 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps
- Optical Port Supports 100 Mbps Full-Duplex Data
- Three-Year Warranty
- Compact designs can be installed individually, integrated in rack mount, or included in select camera housings and ideal for outdoor applications.
- Approved safety and regulatory compliance certifications (pending) assure that the product is suited for a majority of market requirements and regional locations
- Campus Facilities
- Commercial Buildings
- Universities and Campuses