A message from our Chairman and CEO
"Our mission is to be your digital partner for efficiency and sustainability"
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Key performance indicators
2020 has been a signature year with intensive and agile execution ending with a record high Gross Margin and Free Cash Flow while maintaining the same profit margin level as the previous non-crisis year.
To be future ready, the Group accelerated its transformational acquisitions in both business portfolios and presence in India, with a step-change in sustainability, and focused investment in innovation, services, and cybersecurity. The-step change seen in customer adoption of digitization and sustainability accelerated and supported the software and services growth, despite lockdowns.
The Group remains committed to its strategic priorities of more products, more software, more services, and more sustainability
Strategy: Executing on our growth commitments
- During the COVID-19 crisis, Schneider Electric was recognized as mission-critical in over 90 countries, ensuring that hospitals, grids, water, food and beverage and cold chain installations and mission-critical infrastructure were running and able to adapt to the new reality.
- During lockdowns, we continued to service critical infrastructure thanks to field services teams and remote monitoring capabilities.
- Unique SM AirSeT switchgear to avoid using SF6, the greenhouse gas commonly found in electrical equipment.
- Launch of GreenStruxure with Huck Capital to deliver renewable Energy-as-a-Service contracts for buildings.
- Strategic venture with Verkor in France, to accelerate European battery cell production.
- Green Premium program and c.72% of our business labeled as Green Revenues.
- Continue to accompany our customers across the whole life cycle of their assets, portfolios, and installations.
- Focus on delivering our full value proposition to support the future of buildings, homes, data centers, industries, infrastructure, and grid.
- Scale up growth with sustainability and prosumer technologies.
We reinforced our software portfolio across the life cycle, with:
- Voluntary public takeover of RIB Software to expand capabilities in building life cycle digitization.
- Announced acquisition of OSIsoft by AVEVA, connecting customers’ real-time industrial data for efficiency.
- Minority investment in Planon for Integrated Workplace Management to transform buildings into safe, sustainable, and resilient assets.
- Proposed investment in ETAP to design, model, simulate and optimize critical power systems with digital twins.
- Low-voltage PrismaSeT Active switchboards, using cloud-connectivity to monitor hazardous power losses.
- Ergonomic and connectivity-ready ComPacT breakers and modular plug-and-play accessories.
- EcoStruxure™ Automation Expert to program and run open, virtualized, and interoperable applications for industrial efficiency and resiliency.
- New digital services and software, such as EcoStruxure™ Power Monitoring Expert and Power Scada Operations.
- Successfully integrate and grow with software and services.
- Drive synergies of recent software acquisitions.
- Bring further added value to our customers with digital services.
- Continue to make the most of our digital channels.
- Employees celebrated International Women’s Day, Pride Month, International Men’s Day, Global Mental Health Day, and awareness campaigns for LGBT+ and People with Disabilities.
- 91% of white-collar employees discussed their development with their managers.
- In June, all employees were surveyed with specific questions related to COVID-19 and 68% of employees took part.
- Over 7,000 students joined the Global Virtual Student Experience to learn about Schneider Electric through self-learning and project simulations.
- Diversity and Inclusion awards from Forbes, Financial Times, Bloomberg, Great Place to Work, Glassdoor, Workhuman, and Universum; partnerships with Gender & Diversity KPI Alliance, ILO Global Business, and Disability Network.
- 45,000 employees registered on Open Talent Market to drive upskilling, career development and mentoring.
- Employee Resource Groups in more than 40 countries helped empower and advance women in leadership locally.
- Build behavior and results-driven culture through New Ways of Working.
- Deliver recruitment experience for Schneider’s workforce of the future.
- Increase gender diversity across hiring (50%), frontline management (40%) and leadership teams (30%).
- Create opportunities for the next generations.
- Build employee career and development plans for 10 years before retirement.
- Local response teams acted to protect employee, supplier and customer health and safety and mitigate exposure to COVID-19 (personal protective equipment, business travel restrictions, limited site access, and progressive return to work after lockdowns).
- Teams, especially in our supply chain, displayed resilience and flexibility to work remotely and maintain operations.
- 98% of employees completed cybersecurity training.
- Schneider Electric’s first Ethics & Compliance Day recognized working environments that promote a speak-up culture.
- Enforcing the highest standards in business ethics and compliance for employees, customers, and partners, notably through our alert system.
- Launch our Ethics and Compliance Risk Assessment as part of the new Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Advance our Principles of Responsibility as our Charter of Trust.