How do you approach motor management?
Get your web application
Discover a unique conceptual design and calculations application for high-power motor management architectures. Save time for equipment sizing while focusing on the essentials: how to start, protect, manage power quality, and monitor.
Challenges for high-power motor management
- Maintain system voltage at acceptable level during start-up.
- Control power factor and harmonics in normal operation.
- Limit fault current contribution and impact on equipment sizing and cost.
Process and mechanics
- Define an adequate torque and speed control solution for the application.
- Avoid premature aging by limiting the mechanical stress on start-up.
- Adapt maintenance actions to the specific characteristics of high-power motors.
- Properly schedule maintenance operations.
- Integrate preventive maintenance from the design of the electrical installation.
Our five business areas for motor management
To analyze application constraints and guarantee motor compatibility
Expertise is at the heart of our motor management solution. With dedicated software, relevant analyses, or services for electrical equipment, Schneider Electric supports your projects from design to operation and maintenance.
- Expert analyses
- On-site support and services
To ensure starting feasibility and operating mode benefits
Motor starting or operations control are fundamental for your process and the definition of the motor management solution from Schneider Electric. We offer a complete range of advanced motor control equipment to meet all your process constraints with regard to your power system requirements.
- Auto-transformer starters
- Reduced voltage soft starters
- Variable speed drives
To define suitable protection and integration in the industrial control system
Our motor management solution not only provides a means of starting the motor but also includes a protection unit comprising switchgear and protection relays. We offer a wide range of protection devices for protecting the motor and ensuring correct starting, while helping to ensure operator safety.
- Protection relays
- Motor starters (DOL, Star-Delta)
To maximize energy efficiency
Choosing the correct capacitor bank, harmonic mitigation system, or transformer will ensure correct operation of the motor in the process with a minimum impact on the supplying power system.
- Power factor correction
- Active filters
- Transformers (indoor and outdoor)
To assess motor management solutions over the time
Through condition assessment or by using historian data, motor and application failures can be avoided in the early stages. We offer an extensive range of products to help you in this approach.
- Portfolio management
- Operational performance
- Motor condition assessment
Variable Speed Drives and Soft Starters
PowerLogic AccuSine PCS+
EcoStruxure Asset Advisor
Find answers now. Search for a solution on your own, or connect with one of our experts.
Reach out to our customer care team to receive more information, technical support, assistance with complaints and more.