Sustainable and efficient solutionBrazil’s largest wastewater treatment plant uses EcoStruxure to increase operational efficiencies: For every liter of recycled water they produce, a liter of drinking water is saved.
• Meet the increasing demand for water for industrial use
• Manage 20 different KPIs related to water quality and quantity
• Reduce production costs
• Improve operational efficiency
Edge Control: Modicon M238 and M340 PLCs, AVEVA Plant SCADA*
Connected Products: Harmony HMI, Foxboro instrumentation, ConneXium switches
• AVEVA Plant SCADA and AVEVA Historian control and capture information on 20 qualitative and quantitative parameters.
• Foxboro sensors ensure accuracy of the readings around effluent entry into the reverse osmosis/ultra-filtration plant and send the information to the Modicon PLCs, which control the industrial water treatment, pumping stations, and reservoir operations.
• Operators monitor the process locally via the Harmony HMI.
• AVEVA Manufacturing Execution System supports invoice calculation.
* The Schneider Electric industrial software business and AVEVA have merged to trade as AVEVA Group plc, a UK listed company. The Schneider Electric and Life is On trademarks are owned by Schneider Electric and are being licensed to AVEVA by Schneider Electric.
• Improved quality control with real-time analysis of water quality
• Real-time dynamic billing system
• Better regulatory compliance to protect the environment
• Capacity to deliver potable water for more than 500,000 residents
Sheila de Oliveira, Production Manager, Aquapolo
“Schneider’s EcoStruxure platform provided us with an increase of up to 15% in the plant’s total operational efficiency.”