Understanding Industrial Transformation Today
Delivering critical services, sustainablyVeolia Water saves energy without sacrificing flexibility and reliability at their wastewater treatment plant.
The Challenge• Implement a sophisticated wastewater treatment control system inside a tunnel.
• Flexibility to manage seasonal variations of treated water, from 2,500 up to 8,500 m3/h.
• Reduce CapEx/OpEx.
• Deliver service continuity, reliability and safety.
• Meet stringent quality levels and regulations.
• A sustainable solution that would protect the environment and public health.
The SolutionSafety and efficiency with EcoStruxure solutions
Apps Analytics and Services: Plant Operations and Energy Management
Edge Control: EcoStruxure Hybrid DCS
Connected Products: Altivar Machine drives, power meters, LV & MV panels
• Electric cabinets with a special medium voltage panel, corresponding low voltage panels, and an automation panel (PLC and HMI).
• Panels integrate into the site infrastructure through an intelligent and communicative architecture open to all main industrial networks (Ethernet TCP / IP, PROFIBUS-DP, Modbus etc.)
• The automation component uses an EcoStruxure Hybrid DCS solution. The automation architecture provides:
- Multiple distinct control units.
- An efficient, high-speed network for exchanging information between control units.
- A network for data exchange between control unit and supervisor.
- A central supervision system capable of managing and presenting a significant amount of information to operators.
The Results• Up to 15% energy – and associated costs – saved.
• 20% improvement in production efficiency.
• Integration of process and energy data.
• Reduced downtime and response times for improved service reliability.
• Redundancy and system interoperability.
• Improved traceability and reporting in compliance with regulations.
• Better system surveillance.
Gianfranco Favali, Project Design Department Manager, Veolia Water Technologies
"The quality of the results achieved from the use of this platform has fully met our needs and will be replicated on other projects."